International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Continuation The Trump Presidency: Part 19 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341209)

Stacyhs 4th January 2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 12943273)
Trump Tweets

As hard as I work, & as successful as our Country has become with our Economy, our Military & everything else, it is ashame that the Democrats make us spend so much time & money on this ridiculous Impeachment Lite Hoax. I should be able to devote all of my time to the REAL USA! GOLF!

Fixed t.hat for him

Safe-Keeper 4th January 2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newyorkguy (Post 12943592)
Many Democrats say, if a Democratic president behaved this way, "I would not support them." I believe them; I wouldn't either. People really need to wake up. Trump isn't just a liar and deranged-acting. The man is dangerous.

If anything, liberals/Democrats are too quick to condemn people whose actions or statements are out of line, including when they are on their side. Which makes the stupid whataboutisms especially outlandish.

Venom 4th January 2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12943614)
If anything, liberals/Democrats are too quick to condemn people whose actions or statements are out of line, including when they are on their side. Which makes the stupid whataboutisms especially outlandish.

Exactly.

thaiboxerken 4th January 2020 08:55 PM

If Trump was a Democrat, he'd be impeached and removed. It would've happened right after his election, with full support of Democrats.

Ladewig 4th January 2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12943515)
Furthermore his base only stands by him because they're a new kind of fanatical cult-like body that seems to stand by him loyally regardlessly of what he does or says. Maintaining popularity when your base acts like mindless drones isn't much of an achievement either, particularly when you fail to gain new followers.

The FBI, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the NSA, UK intelligence agencies, German intelligence agencies all agree that Russia meddled in the election, but President Trump says they are all working together to discredit him and Trump’s followers say, “yeah, they are all trying to discredit him.” I’m having a hard time thinking of a more clear example of cult-like behavior.

Mumbles 4th January 2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 12943006)
I give you that Trump is a successful con man.

No, that was more his father - although he was also a decent businessman. i'll grant that he's good at selling his name for buildings, and that's about it. Give him an ordinary father, and he's a three card monty dealer who was found stabbed to death in a dumpster or three.

Mumbles 4th January 2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 12943629)
If Trump was a Democrat, he'd be impeached and removed. It would've happened right after his election, with full support of Democrats.

If he were a dem, he wouldn't make it out of primaries without causing a massive, Goldwater-style shift in voting demographics to begin with. Between the obvious stupidity, and the raging white supremacism, he'd get nowhere.

Safe-Keeper 4th January 2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladewig (Post 12943641)
The FBI, the CIA, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the NSA, UK intelligence agencies, German intelligence agencies all agree that Russia meddled in the election, but President Trump says they are all working together to discredit him and Trump’s followers say, “yeah, they are all trying to discredit him.” I’m having a hard time thinking of a more clear example of cult-like behavior.

It's like 40% of the US adult population went all-out CTer. "I know vaccines cause are dangerous or that thermite brought down the towers, and all the experts in the entire world are just dimwitted sheeple, in on the conspiracy, or bought up their necks" :boxedin:.

Edit: okay, that's a stretch, all of Trump's base probably (hopefully) doesn't believe that, say, Russian meddling didn't happen. Surely.

Upchurch 4th January 2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyore1954 (Post 12942803)
He was pretty successful in his quest to become president.
Much to the chagrin of most posters here.
I certainly never thought he could do it.

You think he meant to become President? Interesting.

Consider that he had absolutely no plans in place for winning. He had no intention to do so.

As far as I can tell, he planned on spinning his loss into creating a media empire, often referred to as Trump TV. Unfortunately, he failed to lose the campaign. You can see the shock and disappointment in his face a he is walking up to give his acceptance speech. He only rebounds when he talks to his cheering crowd.

Ladewig 4th January 2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12943685)
It's like 40% of the US adult population went all-out CTer. "I know vaccines cause are dangerous or that thermite brought down the towers, and all the experts in the entire world are just dimwitted sheeple, in on the conspiracy, or bought up their necks" :boxedin:.

Edit: okay, that's a stretch, all of Trump's base probably (hopefully) doesn't believe that, say, Russian meddling didn't happen. Surely.

I’m going to call rule-of-surely: when talking about Trump, if someone says “surely he (they) can’t believe that” then he/they almost certainly believe that thing.

I believe a fair number of them say things like, “the Mueller Report showed there was no Russian meddling.”

thaiboxerken 4th January 2020 10:49 PM

Yes, they do believe the strangest nonsense. But please, don't call me Shirley...

Skeptic Ginger 4th January 2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 12943629)

And if the Democrats controlled the Senate, there would be a fair trial and Trump would be impeached.

thaiboxerken 4th January 2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12943711)
And if the Democrats controlled the Senate, there would be a fair trial and Trump would be impeached.

Removed, he's already impeached. But yes, I agree.

Skeptic Ginger 4th January 2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12943687)
You think he meant to become President? Interesting..

Maybe not but he's sucking it up now, even gone so far as to believe God ordained him, what with all those Evangelicals praying over him and telling him God sent him.

Skeptic Ginger 4th January 2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 12943712)
Removed, he's already impeached. But yes, I agree.

Fair point. But I would like people to take note given a few of them attacked me for this very pedantry just yesterday.

Lurch 5th January 2020 02:29 AM

Trump tweeting about 52 Iranian sites targeted, one for each of the hostages taken long ago, is reminiscent of Hitler raging about reprisals against partisan fighters. "For each good German, ten, a hundred of them!"

The Great Zaganza 5th January 2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 12943800)
Trump tweeting about 52 Iranian sites targeted, one for each of the hostages taken long ago, is reminiscent of Hitler raging about reprisals against partisan fighters. "For each good German, ten, a hundred of them!"

If Trump believed the Suleimani strike to have been effective at subduing Iran, he wouldn't have to bring up new threats.
I think he is scared ********.

Stacyhs 5th January 2020 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12943687)
You think he meant to become President? Interesting.

Consider that he had absolutely no plans in place for winning. He had no intention to do so.

As far as I can tell, he planned on spinning his loss into creating a media empire, often referred to as Trump TV. Unfortunately, he failed to lose the campaign. You can see the shock and disappointment in his face a he is walking up to give his acceptance speech. He only rebounds when he talks to his cheering crowd.

I agree...he did not believe he was going to win. What he wanted was the attention and publicity and he still does. He's as addicted to that as a coke head is to cocaine. All his excessive tweeting and constant rallies are just more of his "look at ME!' addiction.

The Great Zaganza 5th January 2020 02:44 AM

For example, I think the Trump Tower Istanbul would be potential retaliatory target that would in effect destroy Trump's ability to make money by selling his name.

Mumbles 5th January 2020 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 12943800)

That scrambling sound you heard right after this was DoD desperately trying to put together a list of 52 sites to attack that wouldn't leave anyone vulnerable to war crime charges.

It's obvious that the Idiot in Chief just picked the option he thought would make him look like a Big Man, figured "What's Iran going to do?", and is now lashing out and making noise when he realized that, actually, they can do quite a bit and have strong reason to do so. He fumbled and flailed his way into this, same as he always does, and managed to anger every possible ally (except Israel, who are themselves walking a serious tightrope in terms of international support) along the way.

thaiboxerken 5th January 2020 04:13 AM

The idiot is going to start WWIII because of pride and his supporters will applaud........

TheSupermeerkat 5th January 2020 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12943807)
For example, I think the Trump Tower Istanbul would be potential retaliatory target that would in effect destroy Trump's ability to make money by selling his name.

I'll put money on Trump properties being attacked. I'll also put money on US troops guarding Trump properties and staying in whilst they guard them.

Darat 5th January 2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12943807)

Sadly those are the types of targets I would have thought would now be on the agenda. The only saving grace is the Iranian leaders and many of the leaders at the top of the various terrorists groups are delusional morons. Look how obsessed Bin Laden was with the World Trade centre, because of nothing but its name and they were big. Their view of the world is usually only slightly related to actual reality.

GlennB 5th January 2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat (Post 12943838)
I'll put money on Trump properties being attacked. I'll also put money on US troops guarding Trump properties and staying in whilst they guard them.

And I'll put money on any troops staying in these places being handed a bill for their trouble.

JPK 5th January 2020 07:04 AM

Good morning TheSupermeerkat.
Quote:

I'll bet that those properties insured against such attacks and are probably way over valued on paper. His properties get attacked and he makes money off of it. His followers will point to this as another example of his brilliance.

Ziggurat 5th January 2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbles (Post 12943832)
That scrambling sound you heard right after this was DoD desperately trying to put together a list of 52 sites to attack that wouldn't leave anyone vulnerable to war crime charges.

If the Pentagon didn't already have such a list, then they weren't doing their job.

shemp 5th January 2020 07:37 AM

Just a reminder that this escalation of hostilities started when our Dear Leader unilaterally pulled the US out of an agreement with Iran that, by most accounts, was working.

varwoche 5th January 2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Aside from Iran, I too would like to see Trump properties rendered uninhabitable using bedbugs and other non violent measures. If he wins in 2020 that is.

Mumbles 5th January 2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 12943910)
Just a reminder that this escalation of hostilities started when our Dear Leader unilaterally pulled the US out of an agreement with Iran that, by most accounts, was working.

All accounts except a few people in the US who desperately want to attack Iran, and Dolt 45 who is simply jealous of Obama and thinks he *must* have done it wrong because he's black.

Random 5th January 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darat (Post 12943847)
Sadly those are the types of targets I would have thought would now be on the agenda. The only saving grace is the Iranian leaders and many of the leaders at the top of the various terrorists groups are delusional morons. Look how obsessed Bin Laden was with the World Trade centre, because of nothing but its name and they were big. Their view of the world is usually only slightly related to actual reality.

The WTC is actually a pretty good place for terrorists to strike, as the US is pretty much run by a bunch of financiers. The Pentagon was a silly target. Heavily hardened against attack and staffed with a bunch of people who are kind of expected to die for their country if the need arises. K Street would have been much better. Go after the rich people who run things.

I am waiting for terrorists to wake up to the fact Donald Trump has expensive properties around the world that are either inadequately protected, or would lose money for the President if they were adequately protected.

Trebuchet 5th January 2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 12943915)
Aside from Iran, I too would like to see Trump properties rendered uninhabitable using bedbugs and other non violent measures. If he wins in 2020 that is.

Why the caveat? He should be punished regardless!

Mumbles 5th January 2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random (Post 12943967)
The WTC is actually a pretty good place for terrorists to strike, as the US is pretty much run by a bunch of financiers. The Pentagon was a silly target. Heavily hardened against attack and staffed with a bunch of people who are kind of expected to die for their country if the need arises. K Street would have been much better. Go after the rich people who run things.

By most accounts they were planning to hit the White House, and simply couldn't identify it, so they hit the Pentagon instead.

Bob001 5th January 2020 09:25 AM

Trump thought Obama would start a war with Iran because it would help him win re-election. Is that still Trump's thinking?
Quote:

Trump repeatedly in 2011 and 2012 predicted Barack Obama would attack Iran because it was the only way he would be reelected.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...hat-about-him/

Bob001 5th January 2020 09:29 AM

"Rural" America doesn't really mean what a lot of people claim:
Quote:

As the 2020 campaign season gets underway in earnest, here are five myths to keep in mind when you read sweeping pronouncements about rural America.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...rural-america/

The Great Zaganza 5th January 2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPK (Post 12943893)
Good morning TheSupermeerkat.

I'll bet that those properties insured against such attacks and are probably way over valued on paper. His properties get attacked and he makes money off of it. His followers will point to this as another example of his brilliance.

Since he owns none of them, that is irrelevant for him.
What does matter is that after an attack no insurer would protect a Trump-named property.

Armitage72 5th January 2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 12943595)
In Trumpistan, the REAL USA is comprised of white men with money.

... who support Trump. That's a very important part too. Just look at the endless attacks on people like George Soros. "L'etat, c'est moi" has been run into the ground since the election, but it's appropriate. In his mind, he and the US are one and the same, and being against him is being against the country.

Mumbles 5th January 2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 12943984)
Trump thought Obama would start a war with Iran because it would help him win re-election. Is that still Trump's thinking?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...hat-about-him/

Possibly, but generally Dolt 45's guiding principle is "That darkie couldn't have possibly done anything right, I'll show them I'm superior by doing the opposite!" Remember, he kicked this off by withdrawing from the nuclear agreement a while ago, and was screeching about how the nuclear agreement actually let Iran develop nuclear weapons...somehow ever since it was signed. The GOP, in general, developed a pretty serious racism problem around the time Obama was elected, which is why they flocked to his "He should go back to Africa" birther garbage back in 2011.

Trebuchet 5th January 2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbles (Post 12944009)
Possibly, but generally Dolt 45's guiding principle is "That darkie couldn't have possibly done anything right, I'll show them I'm superior by doing the opposite!" Remember, he kicked this off by withdrawing from the nuclear agreement a while ago, and was screeching about how the nuclear agreement actually let Iran develop nuclear weapons...somehow ever since it was signed. The GOP, in general, developed a pretty serious racism problem around the time Obama was elected, which is why they flocked to his "He should go back to Africa" birther garbage back in 2011.

I don't think the problem developed with Obama's election, it had been there ever since the Southern Strategy. Electing the black guy just made it more overt.

Mumbles 5th January 2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 12944019)
I don't think the problem developed with Obama's election, it had been there ever since the Southern Strategy. Electing the black guy just made it more overt.

It really started with the lily-white republicans back in the late 1800s, was put into high gear with Goldwater's 1964 campaign, and formalized with Nixon nad Reagan's use of the Southern Strategy. GWB, for what it's worth, actively worked to include nonwhite voters (some of those under him, though, undercut the hell out him), and McCain would likely have tried had the superdelegates
stuck with Hillary instead of going with Obama.

It was the black guy becoming president that sent the base into a full-on bigotry panic - which is likely why they keep electing people who act like one of those "intellectual dark web" guys on Youtube, either talking about the news with no understanding, ranting about "White Genocide", or both.

Stacyhs 5th January 2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12944004)
Since he owns none of them, that is irrelevant for him.
What does matter is that after an attack no insurer would protect a Trump-named property.

True, Trump does not own the Istanbul T. Tower; he only sold the use of his name. But I do think it would still send a very strong and clear message for a Trump named building to be hit. Your point about the insurance is well taken.