International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If Obama did it (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338560)

Venom 30th August 2019 10:53 AM

If Obama did it

Every time President Trump says or does something stupid or is even rumored to have done something outrageous behind closed doors, my mind always goes to what if Obama had done this? What would the reaction from Republicans and the general public be if the half-black Kenyan alleged Muslim president said a tenth of the stuff Trump has said?

Name some of Trump's most outrageous offenses and the reaction if it was Obama.

theprestige 30th August 2019 11:11 AM

Dang. I thought this was gonna be a thread about how Barack Obama might have killed Nicole Brown Simpson. If he did it. Which he didn't.

Venom 30th August 2019 11:13 AM

lol

Venom 30th August 2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12803801)
Dang. I thought this was gonna be a thread about how Barack Obama might have killed Nicole Brown Simpson. If he did it. Which he didn't.

More to the point though, how would you react if Obama watched and talked to MSNBC every week?

Stacyhs 30th August 2019 11:16 AM

Simple. The answer is "If Obama had done almost any of the things that Trump has done, the GOP would have been screaming for his impeachment."

theprestige 30th August 2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 12803806)
More to the point though, how would you react if Obama watched and talked to MSNBC every week?

I'd call him a thin-skinned naricissist, endure the slings and arrows of outrage from the other members here, and resolve not to vote for him or his party in the next election.

Belz... 30th August 2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12803810)
I'd call him a thin-skinned naricissist

And as we know, no demonstration of that claim is necessary.

Venom 30th August 2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barack Hussein Obama
We went back and forth, then we fell in love. He wrote me beautiful letters. And they are great letters. We fell in love.

And a year since Otto Warmbier's death.

Rush Limbaugh would have a heart attack. :D

Mumbles 30th August 2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 12803807)
Simple. The answer is "If Obama had done almost any of the things that Trump has done, the GOP would have been screaming for his impeachment."

Thing is, we've got blatant bribery, open anti-Semitism, the claim that black people need to have their civil rights routinely violated, "Mexican" immigrants as rapists - and that was his campaign.

Face it, at this point the GOP is reactionary and neo-fascistic, not conservative. If Obama were an imitation of Dolt 45, the 2008 Primary would have been a coronation for Hillary Clinton.

Scopedog 30th August 2019 11:35 AM

I don't know how Trump got away with these words or actions:

Hitting the reset button with Russia.

"The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back" in regards to Russia.

"After my election, I have more flexibility" in regards to Russia.

" ... if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms, that doesn't make them Kobe Bryant" in regards to Al Qaeda off-shoots such as Islamic State.

Belz... 30th August 2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 12803807)

We don't even need to imagine. Bill Clinton made a single lie and right-wingers were ready to oust him. And he wasn't even Kenyan black!

Stacyhs 30th August 2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be.
I can see Mitch McConnell's head exploding if Obama had said this.

theprestige 30th August 2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belz... (Post 12803827)
And as we know, no demonstration of that claim is necessary.

It's my opinion. Of course no demonstration is necessary. Expressing the opinion itself suffices.

Belz... 30th August 2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12803871)
It's my opinion. Of course no demonstration is necessary. Expressing the opinion itself suffices.

Don't be like that. Opinions can be supported. Otherwise they're worthless, even as opinions. You might as well ascribe that one to indigestion.

The Great Zaganza 30th August 2019 12:26 PM

If Obama...
wore a tie left so long as to cover his junk.

shemp 30th August 2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12803801)

You're part of the cover up!

Venom 30th August 2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12803906)
If Obama...
wore a tie left so long as to cover his junk.

OMG this black man shredding our proper attire!

You're not in Chicago anymore, Hussein, dress professionally!

Brainster 30th August 2019 01:34 PM

The media would be nominating him for sainthood.

Upchurch 30th August 2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainster (Post 12803963)

I'll have whatever he's having.

johnny karate 30th August 2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12803973)
I'll have whatever he's having.

One Kool-Aid coming up!

gregthehammer 30th August 2019 02:29 PM

If Obama did it in a forest, would it make a sound?

ArchSas 30th August 2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregthehammer (Post 12804006)
If Obama did it in a forest, would it make a sound?

Only if Hillary sent an email about it.

Venom 30th August 2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

[Insert white Evangelical reaction]

Giordano 30th August 2019 03:12 PM

If Obama did or said one thousandth of what Trump puts forth daily there would be a concerted organized “outrage” by the conservative media and Republican leadership accusing him of disrespectful, immoral, dangerous anti-American unpatriotic activities. In fact they did do just that near constantly. Recall the manufactured outcry when he wore a tan suit?

The level of hypocrisy is amazing!

The 180

uke2se 30th August 2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giordano (Post 12804040)
If Obama did or said one thousandth of what Trump puts forth daily there would be a concerted organized “outrage” by the conservative media and Republican leadership accusing him of disrespectful, immoral, dangerous anti-American unpatriotic activities. In fact they did do just that near constantly. Recall the manufactured outcry when he wore a tan suit?

The level of hypocrisy is amazing!

The 180

It's not really hypocrisy, because it was never honest outrage in the first place. It's deliberate deception in order to control the public. And it works. Until the downtrodden realize the mess they're in.

PhantomWolf 30th August 2019 04:03 PM

Well we know how they reacted when he had the audacity to wear a Tan suit, so....

Upchurch 30th August 2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 12804022)
Quote:

I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

[Insert white Evangelical reaction]

Done:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

For the can't-watch-youtube-at-work challenged, it's the "Hey, where the white women at?" scene from Blazing Saddles

Stacyhs 30th August 2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

You really need to cut back on the goofy pills, bro.

Cain 30th August 2019 08:15 PM

If Obama were half as narcissistic, dishonest and vulgar he'd be criticized as a typical "untrustworthy, low-class Black."

Upchurch 30th August 2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 12804219)
If Obama were half as narcissistic, dishonest and vulgar he'd be criticized as a typical "untrustworthy, low-class Black."

Prolly. I'd call Trump an untrustworthy, low-class, rich-kid brat.

Venom 30th August 2019 08:51 PM

"We had a case where we had a white man who was a fan of mine. Great fan, great guy. In fact, I want to find out what's going on with him...*points* Oh look at my white guy over there!"

Mumbles 30th August 2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12804221)
Prolly. I'd call Trump an untrustworthy, low-class, rich-kid brat.

I'd describe *anyone* who behaved as Dolt 45 does as a narcissistic, thin-skinned, petty, vindictive, bigoted, conman, who would be a Three-card Monty dealer found stabbed to death in a gutter had he not been born into wealth.

Which is roughly how I've described the idiot in chief, repeatedly.

Again, I'm unconcerned with how federal-level Republicans would react if Obama reacted similarly. They've already shown themselves to have no shame - again, the worst threat to the US is still Moscow Mitch McConnell, and never forget this. They screamed and howled when Obama showed sympathy for the parents of murdered children, on multiple occasions. This is about the anniversary of the time they freaked out over his tan suit. But Dolt 45 tweeting out state secrets is fine to them.

None of them in federal office now belong there, and many of them belong in jail for life. Send them all back where they came from.

Dolt 45 is a dim-witted, slovenly, lazy white version of Louis Farrakhan. My question is "How would we react if this sort of disgusting person had opened his campaign by declaring that that Portugal was sending their worst?"

And for now, I feel pretty certain that such a person would immediately be persona non grata. For any good-natured republicans - I have no idea what you're doing, but support Bill Weld, who at least means what he says. We dems have some cleanup to do in Congress, to be sure, but we aren't nearly as corrupt, cowardly, hypocritical, and willing to sell democracy itself out as the GOP.

(But y'all are few and far between, aren't you? Good luck...)

Meanwhile, Stacy Abrams is working on on voting rights, along with Eric Holder, Pres. Obama, and yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger. How many times do black folks and recent immigrants need to stand up for actual democracy before y'all white people figure out how to do it on your own?

Safe-Keeper 31st August 2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom (Post 12803782)
If Obamad had done it

He must have done it numerous times, he has like two kids.

pgwenthold 31st August 2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumbles (Post 12804268)
I'd describe *anyone* who behaved as Dolt 45 does as a narcissistic, thin-skinned, petty, vindictive, bigoted, conman, who would be a Three-card Monty dealer found stabbed to death in a gutter had he not been born into wealth.

I once read a blog that said something like. "If life was fair, Trump would be a used car salesman and Steve Bannon would be the guy standing out front in a hot dog costume who masturbates in the bathroom in the Arby's across the street during his lunch break"

timhau 31st August 2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

... like when he wore a tan suit.

Baylor 31st August 2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12804538)

Malia and Natasha were conceived via IVF.

Trebuchet 31st August 2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper (Post 12804538)

Twice. Like my own parents, they just did it twice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

johnny karate 31st August 2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uke2se (Post 12804048)
It's not really hypocrisy, because it was never honest outrage in the first place. It's deliberate deception in order to control the public. And it works. Until the downtrodden realize the mess they're in.

At which point Phase Two begins: Use a marginalized group as a scapegoat for the mess.

wasapi 31st August 2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 12804646)
Twice. Like my own parents, they just did it twice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Exactly. Mine did it twice in the dark, were never nude, and I believe they were both mostly asleep.

Stacyhs 31st August 2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12804644)
Malia and Natasha were conceived via IVF.

Wait until Michelle finds out that Barack has a third daughter named Natasha! Who's the Baby Mama?