International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

Craig4 10th August 2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle (Post 11951554)
That seems unlikely, we are going to have more turn over before any indictment against him could play out and family or at least his kids seems to be the one thing trump might be loyal to.

I suspect loyalty to the family only means they aren't the first he'd betray.

dudalb 10th August 2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 11952013)
I'm waiting for him to try to fire McConnell. Who's going to tell him he can't?



Trump:"Seperation of Powers? What The Hell Is That? ".

Dr. Keith 10th August 2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 11952013)
Elaine Chao, but somehow your point has gone whooshing over my head. Is he going to have someone transported to Australia?

I missed it at first, too. Hat tip to Stacko for the reminder that she is married to Mitch McConnell.

Stacko 10th August 2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 11952200)
I missed it at first, too. Hat tip to Stacko for the reminder that she is married to Mitch McConnell.

I don't think Trump or the MAGA media establishment has remembered it either. Expect them to turn on her in short order once that is realized.

Trebuchet 10th August 2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacko (Post 11952017)
Look up her spouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 11952200)
I missed it at first, too. Hat tip to Stacko for the reminder that she is married to Mitch McConnell.

Awesome! Not that it's a particularly important cabinet position, like, you know, "Oops! I forget the third one".

Craig4 12th August 2017 03:54 PM

I'm changing to Bannon though I still think Kushner will leave soon as the Russia investigation makes it too hot for him. Kelly let McMaster fire a Flynn holdover protected by Bannon. Mooch also slammed Bannon and got away with it from the The Hair though he didn't survive Kelly. Bannon is going to get sidelined and will leave in a vain attempt to save his dignity or get shown the door by Kelly.

d4m10n 12th August 2017 05:00 PM

White nationalists are on the march; Bannon is just fine.

Craig4 12th August 2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 11954844)
White nationalists are on the march; Bannon is just fine.

He might be in danger because white nationalists are on the march. Kelly may see Bannon as a cheap and easy sacrificial lamb to throw to those in The Hair's own party who see the response to the Nazi rioting as too weak. That, and Bannon couldn't protect his own people on the NSC from McMaster. The Hair also didn't even bother to give a cursory nod of support when "The Mooch" said Bannon was there to "suck his own cock". Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?

Oystein 12th August 2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11954798)
I'm changing to Bannon though I still think Kushner will leave soon as the Russia investigation makes it too hot for him. Kelly let McMaster fire a Flynn holdover protected by Bannon. Mooch also slammed Bannon and got away with it from the The Hair though he didn't survive Kelly. Bannon is going to get sidelined and will leave in a vain attempt to save his dignity or get shown the door by Kelly.

His what? He might just as soon try to save his unicorn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11954847)
He might be in danger because white nationalists are on the march. Kelly may see Bannon as a cheap and easy sacrificial lamb to throw to those in The Hair's own party who see the response to the Nazi rioting as too weak.

Uh-oh, that's not something they should do, as that could (and should) be construed as admitting that the Trump campaign's chief strategist is white supremacist nazi scum - that would reflect very badly on Trump himself, as Bannon was his own, personal choice and hs ticket to the Presidency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11954847)
That, and Bannon couldn't protect his own people on the NSC from McMaster. The Hair also didn't even bother to give a cursory nod of support when "The Mooch" said Bannon was there to "suck his own cock". Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?

Kelly is shaking up so much, it's draining his own standing. I still say "Kelly next".

Craig4 12th August 2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oystein (Post 11954885)
His what? He might just as soon try to save his unicorn!


Uh-oh, that's not something they should do, as that could (and should) be construed as admitting that the Trump campaign's chief strategist is white supremacist nazi scum - that would reflect very badly on Trump himself, as Bannon was his own, personal choice and hs ticket to the Presidency.


Kelly is shaking up so much, it's draining his own standing. I still say "Kelly next".

I did say a vain attempt. Maybe I should have said, a "vain attempt to save whatever passes for dignity for his kind".

You're right, I suspect Kelly won't serve a full year. However, shaking things up may improve his standing if he's seen by the rest of the staff as someone with the authority to clean house.

quadraginta 12th August 2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11954847)
<snip>

Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?


Trump needs to be more scared of those allies than he is of Bannon.

If Bannon goes it won't be quietly, and I think Trump knows that, and is afraid of what the noise will contain.

I expect that Bannon knows where a lot of skeletons are buried.

Craig4 12th August 2017 07:40 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

It's like I'm psychic.

Delphic Oracle 13th August 2017 12:12 AM

Well, I was gonna say I'm pretty sure Bannon is safe because clearly he or someone in his camp wrote that weak ass tweet.

But if that leak story has legs, uh-oh.

At the same time, he's a (small-time) media mogul, so I'm sure he's got folks on speed dial who can drop quotes in places.

"I'm shocked -shocked!- to find that gambling is going on in here."

zorro99 13th August 2017 12:40 AM

Trump may fire Bannon because president suspects he is behind damaging leaks: Report

by Caitlin Yilek | Aug 12, 2017, 7:08 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2631374

According to the article, Bannon has effectively been sidelined.

thaiboxerken 13th August 2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11952135)
I suspect loyalty to the family only means they aren't the first he'd betray.

Correct, and this is because loyalty only goes one way with Trump.

Stacko 13th August 2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro99 (Post 11955211)
Trump may fire Bannon because president suspects he is behind damaging leaks: Report

by Caitlin Yilek | Aug 12, 2017, 7:08 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2631374

According to the article, Bannon has effectively been sidelined.

Apparently getting equal billing on cover of Joshua Green's book Devil's Bargain is among the last straws.

Oystein 13th August 2017 04:18 AM

True, but the questions at the end of the article require answers by anybody out to oust Bannon:
Quote:

Other questions circulating the West Wing:
  • How would two Republican mega-donors, Bob and Rebekah Mercer, react if Kelly were to fire Bannon on Trump's behalf? Given the financial support they've given to Bannon and Breitbart, would they turn against Trump, whom they've also supported?
  • How will Trump's base react to Bannon's firing?
  • What kind of havoc could Bannon wreak on the outside, unencumbered by his West Wing responsibilities?

US politics is money is US poltics. The Mercer angle may be key.

catsmate 13th August 2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 11940253)
The White House is getting more like Game of Thrones everyday....

Thankfully without the nudity.

zorro99 13th August 2017 12:13 PM

Trump advisers signal the knives are out for Bannon

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)Two senior Trump advisers -- one inside the White House and another who recently departed -- signaled Sunday that the knives are out for Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's controversial chief strategist.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/08/13/politic...non/index.html

Cl1mh4224rd 13th August 2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11955006)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorro99 (Post 11955211)
Trump may fire Bannon because president suspects he is behind damaging leaks: Report

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2631374


I'm curious what Bannon's motivation is here; just an extreme dislike of McMaster?

Stacko 13th August 2017 03:50 PM

It looks like only one will survive between Bannon and McMaster as Bannon turns to his conspiracy theorist friends to fling poo.

d4m10n 13th August 2017 04:41 PM

I'd like McMaster to stay, so I expect he won't.

Trebuchet 13th August 2017 05:46 PM

From the link:
Quote:

Outside forces opposed to McMaster are going to allege he has a drinking problem,
Unlike Trump and his buddies, who merely have a thinking problem.

PhantomWolf 13th August 2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catsmate (Post 11955578)
Thankfully without the nudity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-magazine.html

link is sfw.

ponderingturtle 14th August 2017 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 11952135)
I suspect loyalty to the family only means they aren't the first he'd betray.

Well he did cut off the health insurance to his nephew who had a disabled child born during a dispute over his fathers will.

Trebuchet 14th August 2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf (Post 11956270)
link is sfw.

It's not safe for my brain! There's a picture of Trump in it! Shame on you linking to such terrible material!

dudalb 14th August 2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 11956080)
I'd like McMaster to stay, so I expect he won't.

If McMasters goes, Kelly will go also and the gap between Trump and the Mainstream GOP will become an abyss.

The Don 15th August 2017 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 11957638)
If McMasters goes, Kelly will go also and the gap between Trump and the Mainstream GOP will become an abyss.

Why do you think Kelly would go too ?

Surely as an honourable military man he would continue to serve the President until those services are no longer required - unless you're saying that the kind of White House climate which would see McMaster quitting or sacked would also result in Kelly being sacked.

I don't think Trump will mind one bit that there is a gulf between him and the RINO GOP. It will be up to the GOP to bridge that gap because Trump will likely be far happier being allowed to Tweet as he wishes and without the burden of GOP expectation regarding getting legislation through Congress (as opposed to simply issuing executive orders).

d4m10n 16th August 2017 04:42 AM

Changing my vote back to Bannon.

It looks like one of those Confederate statues may have been his final horcrux.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9c0eb21bb.jpg

Delphic Oracle 16th August 2017 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 11959592)
Changing my vote back to Bannon.

It looks like one of those Confederate statues may have been his final horcrux.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9c0eb21bb.jpg

There's a little stain on his collar, too.

Do we have firm evidence of where he was the day of the protest?

Beelzebuddy 16th August 2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle (Post 11959710)
There's a little stain on his collar, too.

There's a stain on his lips, too. He must have fed recently.

Stacko 16th August 2017 07:17 AM

I'm surprised Trump hasn't fired Bannon over his fashion sense.

Quote:

Nope. Instead, we're gonna talk about how Trump's White House Chief Strategist seems to like wearing TWO DAMN BUTTON DOWN SHIRTS at the same time.

Worm 16th August 2017 07:26 AM

Damn, that guy looks halfway to dead. Seriously, he looks terrible. I hope a doctor is in his near future.

Tommy Jeppesen 16th August 2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worm (Post 11959841)
Damn, that guy looks halfway to dead. Seriously, he looks terrible. I hope a doctor is in his near future.

As a human I hope he is well.

d4m10n 16th August 2017 10:50 AM

As a human with some idea of what he's doing, I don't.

Tommy Jeppesen 16th August 2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 11960205)
As a human with some idea of what he's doing, I don't.

He is still a human and yes, I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean I wish him something bad.

You do get, that if the hate of right gets as massive on the left as it is on the right, the right has already won in a sense. They want hate to flourish.

dudalb 16th August 2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don (Post 11957970)
Why do you think Kelly would go too ?

Surely as an honourable military man he would continue to serve the President until those services are no longer required - unless you're saying that the kind of White House climate which would see McMaster quitting or sacked would also result in Kelly being sacked.

I don't think Trump will mind one bit that there is a gulf between him and the RINO GOP. It will be up to the GOP to bridge that gap because Trump will likely be far happier being allowed to Tweet as he wishes and without the burden of GOP expectation regarding getting legislation through Congress (as opposed to simply issuing executive orders).

If you think America is dead as a democracy, just say so.

d4m10n 16th August 2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Jeppesen (Post 11960214)
He is still a human and yes, I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean I wish him something bad.

Do you sincerely believe the world is more likely to become a better place with Bannon in the White House instead of the hospital?

dudalb 16th August 2017 11:56 AM

Does the death of his Two Business Advisory councils count?

d4m10n 16th August 2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 11960299)
Does the death of his Two Business Advisory councils count?

Only if they are corporations (people) my friend.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2015-19, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.