International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   All things Trump + Russia Part 4 (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329520)

Upchurch 24th May 2018 05:43 AM

All things Trump + Russia Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by logger (Post 12303442)
Actually....what it shows is how important the electoral college is.

So much for the argument that the majority of the country wanted Trump, eh?

Mod InfoNew thread for continuing discussions from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=325745
Posted By:kmortis

Bob001 24th May 2018 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logger (Post 12303442)
Actually....what it shows is how important the electoral college is. That way a few cities cannot dictate to the rest of the country. And we will never give it up. I’m just glad most libs love living in the city. ;)

Your idol doesn't agree:
Quote:

On Sixty Minutes on November 13, 2016, President-Elect Trump said:
"I would rather see it, where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes, and somebody else gets 90 million votes, and you win. There’s a reason for doing this. Because it brings all the states into play."
https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/...ors-nationwide
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...college-244637

And maybe some changes are coming:
https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

logger 24th May 2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12303812)

Mod InfoNew thread for continuing discussions from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=325745
Posted By:kmortis

That wasn’t my argument.

logger 24th May 2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob001 (Post 12303832)

That might be a clue he isn’t my idol? Lol

Squeegee Beckenheim 24th May 2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logger (Post 12304203)
That wasn’t my argument.

"[...]the country is deeply red. That’s because not very many like democrats or the left."

uke2se 24th May 2018 10:49 AM

I just read on CNN that Trump won the Nobel Peace prize.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/24/p...rea/index.html

logger 24th May 2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12303812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12304209)
"[...]the country is deeply red. That’s because not very many like democrats or the left."

Thank you for showing my argument wasn’t a majority wanted Trump.

LSSBB 24th May 2018 07:25 PM

Here's an on topic post.

MH17 Missile Owned By Russian Brigade, Investigators Say.

So where is Mr. Tough Guy on this? The Orange Menace?

Oh yeah. Putin.

Squeegee Beckenheim 25th May 2018 03:31 AM

Roger Stone reportedly repeatedly asked for dirt on Clinton, sourced from Wikileaks - which would make his testimoney to Congress false

Stacko 25th May 2018 07:49 AM

It's so weird that these completely innocent people keep lying their interactions with Russia. You'd almost think they had something to hide.

Squeegee Beckenheim 25th May 2018 11:54 AM

11 days before the inauguration Michael Cohen met at Trump Tower with a Russian oligarch to discuss US/Russia "relations" under Trump, and weeks later Cohen received a $1m consulting contract from a company owned by the man who invests the oligargh's money for him

The Great Zaganza 25th May 2018 12:13 PM

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is definitely not collusion.
Trust me.
No collusion.

Segnosaur 25th May 2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12305363)
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is definitely not collusion.
Trust me.
No collusion.

Look, just because Trump received large amounts of funding for his business dealings from Russia, publically asked the Russians to hack into American computers, had people on his campaign send email about how excited they were to potentially be getting dirt on Clinton from Russians, had members of his team meet with Russian agents during the campaign, had several people involved with his administration lie about Russian contacts during various investigations, fired one of the key people who was looking into possible influence by Russia, has made no effort to prevent Russian interference into future American elections, and had his personal lawyer meet with a Russian Oligarch with ties to Putin after the election does not mean that there is a reason to be suspicious that Trump might be colluding with the Russians.

After all, that sort of thing can happen to anybody.

Squeegee Beckenheim 26th May 2018 02:05 AM

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...86031914831873

Quote:

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, the Putin ally who met Don Jr. at the NRA convention, Yahoo reports.

A top Spanish prosecutor said: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

Squeegee Beckenheim 26th May 2018 02:32 AM

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...96362372374528

Quote:

The Yahoo! Don Jr./Torshin story makes it sound like Spanish authorities got their wiretaps in 2013. Perhaps the article is poorly written and that's not the case, but I'll say that if the wiretaps Jr. "should be worried about" are from 2013, this is about to get *interesting*.

2/ Guess what Jr. was working on in mid-/late 2013? A Trump Tower Moscow deal with the Agalarovs. If there are taps from that period authorities think Jr. should be worried about, it'd be a game-changer. Don't forget Torshin once said he'd been friendly with the Trumps for years.

3/ Torshin, when his name first was mentioned as part of the Trump-Russia probe, was said to have encountered Trump Sr. at an NRA event and had an extremely friendly exchange with him. I can't recall at the moment if it was Spring of 2013 or 2015. Even if 2015, did Jr. set it up?

4/ Apparently, Isikoff was just on MSNBC and said the taps began in 2013. Still unclear (as different readers who saw the segment are saying different things) is whether Isikoff said the taps Trump Jr. "should be worried about" are from 2013 or 2016. If it's 2013, "I love it."

Skeptic Ginger 26th May 2018 01:07 PM

Well this says it was during the campaign: Business Insider: The FBI has obtained wiretaps of a Putin ally tied to the NRA who met with Trump Jr. during the campaign
Quote:

Spanish police have turned over to the FBI wiretaps of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a prominent Russian banker suspected of money laundering who met with President Donald Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., during the 2016 US presidential election.

Torshin is closely associated with the National Rifle Association, and he and his longtime assistant attempted to use the organization's annual convention in 2016 to set up a backdoor meeting between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Neither Trump nor his campaign associates attended the convention, but Torshin and Trump Jr. did attend a separate NRA dinner that same night.

When José Grinda, a Spanish prosecutor who spearheads investigations into organized crime, was asked if he was concerned about Torshin's interactions with Trump Jr. or other American political figures, Grinda replied: "Mr. Trump's son should be concerned."

Squeegee Beckenheim 28th May 2018 05:15 AM

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1000878700819337217

Quote:

GOP fundraiser: Ex-American spy helped Qatar hack emails
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...89553954267136

Quote:

Here's how I would have headlined this:

Alleged Trump Co-Conspirator Elliott Broidy Argues in Court That Cyber Attacks on U.S. Citizens By Foreign Governments Are "Acts of War," a Legal Theory That Could Clear the Way for His Future Co-Defendant Trump to Be Charged With Treason
Article linked in first tweet, thread continues after second.

quadraginta 28th May 2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12307746)

The irony is exquisite. A Republican fundraiser, Trump insider, whining about hacked emails being used for character assassination.

And then putting a cherry on top by complaining about the involvement of foreign governments.

Stacko 3rd June 2018 07:16 AM

"...our recollection keeps changing..."

Good grief.

thaiboxerken 4th June 2018 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacko (Post 12314069)

In other words "I can't remember the lies I told last time........"

Segnosaur 4th June 2018 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 12314845)
In other words "I can't remember the lies I told last time........"

Wait a sec... I thought trump bragged about how good his memory is.

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk

The Don 4th June 2018 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 12314927)
Wait a sec... I thought trump bragged about how good his memory is.

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk

Yep, a GMOAT, which is why it's so difficult for him to remember - because if he had a less perfect memory, he'd only remember the last version he said :boggled:

Fast Eddie B 4th June 2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacko (Post 12314069)

On the one hand, goof grief is right!

On the other hand, as skeptics do we not often point out the malleability of human memory? Recollections do in fact change. So on its face the statement isn’t wrong, per sé.

Of course, in this case it is almost certainly “motivated change” - IOW, changing and fabricating stories as they go along to fit a desired narrative. Or “lying” in the common vernacular!

Skeptic Ginger 4th June 2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B (Post 12315000)
....On the other hand, as skeptics do we not often point out the malleability of human memory? Recollections do in fact change. So on its face the statement isn’t wrong, per sé.

Really? You're going to waste our time with this irrelevant bit of unrelated neurobiology? :rolleyes:

Fast Eddie B 4th June 2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12315008)
Really? You're going to waste our time with this irrelevant bit of unrelated neurobiology? :rolleyes:

If you think I’m wasting your time, there is a very simple remedy.

Stacko 4th June 2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B (Post 12315000)
Of course, in this case it is almost certainly “motivated change” - IOW, changing and fabricating stories as they go along to fit a desired narrative. Or “lying” in the common vernacular!

Given the number of things they denied happened and then had to admit did happen, this seems like an understatement.

Susheel 4th June 2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12315008)

I think the second paragraph in his post provides some context to what he intended to say.!

Skeptic Ginger 4th June 2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 12315210)
I think the second paragraph in his post provides some context to what he intended to say.!

I understand that. But the fact we all have false memories about the past has absolutely nothing to do with the situation we are discussing and it was an absurdly pedantic post.

Squeegee Beckenheim 7th June 2018 02:18 AM

Well, this is fun: https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...22640118304768

Quote:

On April 11, I called Trump’s favorite architect to ask about jobs he did in Eastern Europe that recently drew Mueller’s eye.

Within hours, John Fotiadis closed down his 10 yr old architecture firm, deleted his portfolio and left Twitter. He’s still MIA.

Susheel 7th June 2018 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12315346)
I understand that. But the fact we all have false memories about the past has absolutely nothing to do with the situation we are discussing and it was an absurdly pedantic post.

"Of course, in this case it is almost certainly “motivated change” - IOW, changing and fabricating stories as they go along to fit a desired narrative. Or “lying” in the common vernacular!"

Aridas 7th June 2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12318606)

Nothing suspicious about that! Nothing at all!

Skeptic Ginger 7th June 2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12318606)

More details.

The only reason I can see for this guy running when asked questions about connections to Trump is tax evasion and money laundering, just like Manafort. It's almost a sure bet Trump has been laundering money and evading taxes himself and possibly the rest of the Trump family too.

Segnosaur 7th June 2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12319286)
More details.

The only reason I can see for this guy running when asked questions about connections to Trump is tax evasion and money laundering, just like Manafort. It's almost a sure bet Trump has been laundering money and evading taxes himself and possibly the rest of the Trump family too.

Well, I'm pretty sure Barron wasn't doing any money laundering, so you can't say it was the ENTIRE trump family.

I wonder if there is some sort of "right of passage" for members of the Trump family, kind of like a Bar Mitzva. "Congratulations. You laundered your first million. You are now a man!"

Squeegee Beckenheim 8th June 2018 02:20 AM

Another connection between the Trump campaign and Russia

logger 8th June 2018 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12320169)

That was simply a ridiculous article, the left will try anything, even people benefitting from peace is somehow Trump colluding with Russia and paybacks. Lol

Squeegee Beckenheim 8th June 2018 05:52 AM

Trump thinks Russia should be part of G7(8) again

dudalb 8th June 2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12320369)

I guess Putin's latest check cleared.....

Skeptic Ginger 8th June 2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim (Post 12320369)

He needs a friend to go to the party with him. :p

quadraginta 8th June 2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 12320651)
He needs a friend to go to the party with him. :p

Or they might just decide to have their own party.

Alt-G2?

Hellbound 8th June 2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 12320741)
Or they might just decide to have their own party.

Alt-G2?

They need to do an Alt-F4.