International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trump's nickname. (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330848)

acbytesla 17th July 2018 05:29 PM

Trump's nickname.

Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.

Upchurch 17th July 2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 12365719)
But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.

I've used Traitor Trump before. My other favorite is Don the Con

Trebuchet 17th July 2018 05:36 PM

Loser. So much losing.

NoahFence 17th July 2018 05:37 PM

acbytesla 17th July 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 12365724)
I've used Traitor Trump before. My other favorite is Don the Con

I like Don the Con.

Foolmewunz 17th July 2018 05:42 PM

I think Jefferson, the traitor elf, Sessions should really own "traitor". It's just such a lovely expression. (I have no idea who first used it.)

I'm not real big on "traitor" or "treason"; they're such old school jingoistic-sounding epithets. Treacherous works for me. "Treacherous Trump" has a nice ring to it.

I don't know why we can't go back to "Donnie the Idiot", though. Is alliteration all that important. It's also good to stick with disparaging terms that his own players have thought up. That's why "voodoo economics" stuck for so long.

Donald, He's a ******* Moron, Trump.

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 05:44 PM

I wish I could claim these as my own but I saw them in another thread. Nevertheless:

Agent Orange
Benedict Donald

theprestige 17th July 2018 05:46 PM

Oh man. If only you guys had figured out this whole nickname thing *before* the election! Everything would have turned out differently.

Better late than never, though. I'm sure this will finally be The One Thing that takes Trump down.

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 05:46 PM

In Trump's case "POTUS" stands for "Piece Of Totally Useless S***".

Craig4 17th July 2018 05:48 PM

I like "The Hair". He's really sensitive about it so it's good.

dmaker 17th July 2018 05:49 PM

I vote for Agent Orange

The Big Dog 17th July 2018 06:04 PM

Probably "Mr. President."

Fantastic thread

Trebuchet 17th July 2018 06:08 PM

T. Ronald Dump

NoahFence 17th July 2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog (Post 12365754)
Probably "Mr. President."

Fantastic thread

You're gonna take issue with childish nicknames?

cool story brotato chip.

Shalamar 17th July 2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahFence (Post 12365758)
You're gonna take issue with childish nicknames?

cool story brotato chip.

It's only bad if a liberal does it.

RecoveringYuppy 17th July 2018 06:12 PM

Putin's Poodle seems to already have some traction. Go with that.

sir drinks-a-lot 17th July 2018 06:15 PM

Triggering Trump

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalamar (Post 12365760)
It's only bad if a liberal libtard does it.

FIFY.:D

Scootch 17th July 2018 06:19 PM

Just call him Trump but change the definition of Trump mean a horrible mess up,ie-"Gosh Bob you really Trumped it up now."

theprestige 17th July 2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalamar (Post 12365760)
It's only bad if a liberal does it.

It's bad when anyone does it. Not very bad, but at least a little bad. When progressives do it *because Trump does it*, it's slightly more bad than when Trump does it. But still not very bad.

It's also comical. Not very, but at least a little. You can appreciate that, can't you?

Trebuchet 17th July 2018 06:27 PM

*********** A-hole.

The Big Dog 17th July 2018 06:32 PM

The President of the United States?

Distracted1 17th July 2018 06:32 PM

I use "The Trumpster". Has appeal to me because it feels like the type of nickname that comes out of the juvenile eighties and has a "frat boy" vibe ,like "the Mooch".
Further, it rhymes nicely with "dumpster" (something that fills with garbage, frequently stinks, and needs to be hauled off).

The Russia summit might rightly then be described as a "Trumpster Fire".

Edit to add, I have never been particularly fond of name-calling. Always looked at it as bad behavior that no one I could respect would engage in. Then 2016.

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Dog (Post 12365777)
The President of the United States?

He'll never be MY president. Ever.

theprestige 17th July 2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distracted1 (Post 12365778)
I use "The Trumpster". Has appeal to me because it feels like the type of nickname that comes out of the juvenile eighties and has a "frat boy" vibe ,like "the Mooch".
Further, it rhymes nicely with "dumpster" (something that fills with garbage, frequently stinks, and needs to be hauled off).

The Russia summit might rightly then be described as a "Trumpster Fire".

I like how it works on more than one level. That's pretty clever.

acbytesla 17th July 2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12365769)
It's bad when anyone does it. Not very bad, but at least a little bad. When progressives do it *because Trump does it*, it's slightly more bad than when Trump does it. But still not very bad.

It's also comical. Not very, but at least a little. You can appreciate that, can't you?

Hmmm. I would normally think it was childish as I thought Trump was childish when he did it.

It's clear that the childish nicknames rings a bell with a particular type of voter. So I say, why not fight fire with fire? Why not with just a simple moniker portray Trump as the dishonest Un-American traitor he proved to be?

If you have a better suggestion, then please share.

Elagabalus 17th July 2018 06:43 PM

Howie Felterbush*

*with apologies to poster Howie Felterbush. Whatever happened to Howie?

crescent 17th July 2018 06:45 PM

Lord Drumpf

tyr_13 17th July 2018 06:50 PM

I thought he was 'Thirsty' right?

At any rate, as silly and fun as name calling can be, it is overall not that productive. Trump has shown that it doesn't hurt politically though (unless one thinks that those inclined to vote liberal or progressive tend to also be better people in that regard). I find the best ones are those that have valid parallels. The only nicknames I regularly use in that regard are for the more earnest Trump supporters. Those are 'Royalists' or 'Redcoats'.

theprestige 17th July 2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 12365780)
He'll never be MY president. Ever.

Let me guess: Not an American citizen?

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyr_13 (Post 12365797)

At any rate, as silly and fun as name calling can be, it is overall not that productive. Trump has shown that it doesn't hurt politically though (unless one thinks that those inclined to vote liberal or progressive tend to also be better people in that regard). I find the best ones are those that have valid parallels. The only nicknames I regularly use in that regard are for the more earnest Trump supporters. Those are 'Royalists' or 'Redcoats'.

More like "Loyalists" as they remain loyal to Trump no matter what he does or how he screws them over.

Hans 17th July 2018 06:55 PM

I'd say, 'Red' Trump

Stacyhs 17th July 2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theprestige (Post 12365798)
Let me guess: Not an American citizen?

Born and raised. But Trump will never be MY president, only THE president. I do not accept this lying POS who only got into office due to an outdated and unfair electoral system. You can kiss his *** all you want. I won't.

theprestige 17th July 2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 12365783)
Hmmm. I would normally think it was childish as I thought Trump was childish when he did it.

It's clear that the childish nicknames rings a bell with a particular type of voter. So I say, why not fight fire with fire? Why not with just a simple moniker portray Trump as the dishonest Un-American traitor he proved to be?

If you have a better suggestion, then please share.

I think you trying beat Trump at his own game is probably the most hilariously awesome plan you could have come up with.

Far be it from me to suggest anything other than you doing your best to out-Trump Donald Mother-*********** Trump.

Though I wouldn't mind if you explained a little more about your theory of insults having weight with voters.

blutoski 17th July 2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acbytesla (Post 12365719)
Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.

I think there's a thread from November 2016 about exactly this, but I can't find it in the forum search.

My suggestions were:
  • Herr Gropenfuhrer
  • Cheeto Benito

Regnad Kcin 17th July 2018 07:06 PM

There are so many fine, fine candidates (unlike the 2016 Republican field).

My current fave is simple, far from vulgar, yet 100% apropos: Trump Baby.

Comes with its own artwork, too.

dmaker 17th July 2018 07:13 PM

Herr Gropenfuhrer is pretty dang funny.

Distracted1 17th July 2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyr_13 (Post 12365797)

I think you might be missing a certain point WRT name calling as a tactic.
Think of the memes you might be seeing appear frequently on social media, and the Trumpsters that are forwarding them.
Are they (like the ones that I get) almost universally devoid of reasonable thought? The ones I get are.
People who would be swayed by argument are not sending them out, nor are people who would be impressed by logical comparisons between supporting Trump and supporting tyranny during the American Revolution. In fact, making a historical reference only puts one in the "elite" category, and deepens the resolve of the average Trumpster.
Names that are too cerebral, or express too much agitation (proving that their hero is "making liberals heads explode") actually work to keep the Trumpsters firmly behind their demagogue.

The best way to weaken the support of the Trumpsters is to find a way to genuinely laugh at them. They are not deep thinkers, they feel like liberals have been making their stupidity cause them to be marginalized and they enjoy that Trump makes all us "elites" feel the frustration that they feel.
Find a way to make them feel that Trump is actually making us laugh, and his support (such as it is ) disappears. They cannot tolerate embarrassment.

theprestige 17th July 2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin (Post 12365809)
There are so many fine, fine candidates (unlike the 2016 Republican field).

My current fave is simple, far from vulgar, yet 100% apropos: Trump Baby.

Comes with its own artwork, too.

The p to the b is suboptimal, though.

shemp 17th July 2018 07:18 PM

Let's just call him what he is: "Lying Piece of **** Traitor".