International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   Non-USA & General Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Ukraine (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333992)

RolandRat 30th December 2018 09:33 PM

Ukraine

I've seen some reports the Russian military is building up near the Ukraine border. The same reports suggest its a prelude to an invasion which has been encouraged by Trumps foreign policy.

How likely is this? Will Russia actually mount a full scale invasion of Ukraine?

Childlike Empress 30th December 2018 10:03 PM

http://acloserlookonsyria.shoutwiki....e_news/Current

Baylor 30th December 2018 10:08 PM

Putin just wants to culturally enrich the country. I don't know why you racists are so afraid of a little diversity.

RolandRat 31st December 2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress (Post 12548204)

Is that an agreement then? That Russia is going to invade Ukraine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12548210)
Putin just wants to culturally enrich the country. I don't know why you racists are so afraid of a little diversity.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It sounds sarcastic but im not sure what the sarcasm is aimed at

Childlike Empress 31st December 2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 12548863)
Is that an agreement then? That Russia is going to invade Ukraine?

So you didn't read any of it. The link was meant to provide you with some context you please dissect yourself if you're truly interested in answers to your question.

Baylor 31st December 2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolandRat (Post 12548863)
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It sounds sarcastic but im not sure what the sarcasm is aimed at

Diversity is only good when it benefits the people preaching it.

kayle 31st December 2018 05:21 PM

I don't think even the Tzar himself knows

Childlike Empress 31st December 2018 07:24 PM

Happy New Year greetings to all of us from Donbass:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

RolandRat 31st December 2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress (Post 12548977)
So you didn't read any of it. The link was meant to provide you with some context you please dissect yourself if you're truly interested in answers to your question.

I did read it. It seems to insinuate that Ukraine and Russia are at each others throats. If I'm missing something, please educate me.

RolandRat 31st December 2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baylor (Post 12548995)
Diversity is only good when it benefits the people preaching it.

Um ok, how is this relevant?

The Great Zaganza 31st December 2018 10:16 PM

Russia considers the Ukraine a part of the Motherland, so an invasion can never be an aggression, only the motherly care for a child that has lost its way.

TragicMonkey 1st January 2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12549168)
Russia considers the Ukraine a part of the Motherland, so an invasion can never be an aggression, only the motherly care for a child that has lost its way.

Yes, the "no more wire hangers" school of motherhood.

mattobrien85 5th January 2019 06:50 AM

The war in donbass has caused 10k ukranian casualties. However, the US can do nothing about it.

timhau 5th January 2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattobrien85 (Post 12553479)
The war in donbass has caused 10k ukranian casualties. However, the US can do nothing about it.

...at least not as long as the White House is occupied by Putin's bitch.

Delvo 5th January 2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timhau (Post 12553654)
...at least not as long as the White House is occupied by Putin's bitch.

Or by somebody who who thinks war with Russia would be a very big problem in need of a very big justification.

Vixen 7th January 2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattobrien85 (Post 12553479)

Why would it? Is it the policeman of the world?

uke2se 8th January 2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 12555749)
Why would it? Is it the policeman of the world?

There are self-interest motives.

dudalb 30th January 2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 12549168)

And I am sure the same applies to the Baltic States, Finland, Poland, etc.......

dudalb 30th January 2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delvo (Post 12553754)
Or by somebody who who thinks war with Russia would be a very big problem in need of a very big justification.

Oh, there are things we could do not involving military action, to hurt Russia badly economically.
I also know that appeasing a bully never works very well either.

dudalb 30th January 2019 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey (Post 12549233)
Yes, the "no more wire hangers" school of motherhood.

Holy Mother Russia,is a Mother allright..just asks the Poles and the Finns.

Henri McPhee 18th February 2019 03:13 AM

The trouble is Nazis are raising their ugly heads in Ukraine again. There is a bit about this in a Wikipedia about the second world war Russian general Vatutin, who was killed during the war by Ukrainian 'insurgents' fighting for Germany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Vatutin

Quote:

Legacy[edit]

His influence on the Red Army strategic planning, operational, and tactical techniques continued even after his death. Following the post-Cold War decline in Germanocentric analyses of the Eastern Front, Vatutin has won recognition among Western military experts as one of World War II's most creative commanders.[citation needed]

In 2015, Vatutin's daughter announced that her father had been buried in Kiev by Khrushchev against her family's wishes, and that his surviving family (who live either in Russia or in the Czech Republic) will attempt to obtain permission to rebury him in Moscow. The primary reason was stated to be their dislike for the new Ukrainian government's association with Stepan Bandera, whose followers had killed Vatutin. Originally, a press release from the Just Russia party had falsely claimed that the initiative to move his body had come from the Kiev authorities.[7][8] The reburial didn't materialise and Vatutin remains buried in front of his statue near the Ukrainian parliament.[9]