International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   White House Survivor (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321828)

The Great Zaganza 27th March 2020 03:00 PM

aaand.... Trish Reagan is gone from Fox.
Seems like the Dem's Hoax got her.

a_unique_person 3rd April 2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

President Trump has reportedly fired Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the U.S. intelligence community who alerted Congress to concerns about a Trump phone call with the president of Ukraine – a matter that led to the president’s impeachment last year.
Trump formally notified the intelligence committees of both the Senate and House in a letter dated Friday that was obtained by Politico.
"This is to advise that I am exercising my power as President to remove from office the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, effective 30 days from today," the president wrote.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ne-call-report

Segnosaur 3rd April 2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13044261)
President Trump has reportedly fired Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the U.S. intelligence community who alerted Congress to concerns about a Trump phone call with the president of Ukraine

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ne-call-report

But... but... Trump learned his lesson from the impeachment, didn't he?

"I believe that the President has learned from this case."
- Susan Collins

a_unique_person 3rd April 2020 10:35 PM

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Norman Alexander 3rd April 2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13044297)
But... but... Trump learned his lesson from the impeachment, didn't he?

"I believe that the President has learned from this case."
- Susan Collins

Yes, but WHAT did he learn.

Polaris 3rd April 2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13019978)
Check out Lou Dobbs. He's a racist POS.

Racist just scratches the surface. This is the same crater of whale **** that did this:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...-trump-accuser

He revealed the personal info of one of the women accusing Trump of sexual assault. The apology means nothing if you don't take down the Tweet.

Stacyhs 3rd April 2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

President Trump has reportedly fired Michael Atkinson, the inspector general for the U.S. intelligence community who alerted Congress to concerns about a Trump phone call with the president of Ukraine – a matter that led to the president’s impeachment last year.
Trump formally notified the intelligence committees of both the Senate and House in a letter dated Friday that was obtained by Politico.
"This is to advise that I am exercising my power as President to remove from office the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, effective 30 days from today," the president wrote.
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_unique_person (Post 13044261)

The only thing that surprises me about this is that he waited so long. Probably hoping it will go unnoticed with all the Covid 19 crap going on. And on a Friday.

quadraginta 4th April 2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander (Post 13044309)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segnosaur (Post 13044297)
But... but... Trump learned his lesson from the impeachment, didn't he?

"I believe that the President has learned from this case."
- Susan Collins

Yes, but WHAT did he learn.


He learned that he can do anything he wants, no matter how unethical, illegal, disgusting, or depraved (I'm sure I left a few things out) without so much as a peep of complaint from nearly any Republicans, and a full-throated, irate defense from most of them.

What would any person with more than two brain cells to rub together have expected him to learn?

Resume 7th April 2020 09:34 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...fing-the-press

Grisham out, McEnany in.

Quote:

Donald Trump has shaken up his communications operation by hiring Kayleigh McEnany, a controversial spokesperson for his re-election campaign, as his fourth White House press secretary, according to multiple media reports.
She replaces Stephanie Grisham, who had only been in the position for nine months and was the first press secretary in modern times never to hold a formal briefing for reporters, the New York Times and other outlets said.
Here's a side issue. Trump claims he disbanded the pandemic panel because they sat around and got paid for doing nothing, which offended him because he's a businessman (snicker) but just wtf did Grisham do?

thaiboxerken 7th April 2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13048279)
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...fing-the-press

Grisham out, McEnany in.



Here's a side issue. Trump claims he disbanded the pandemic panel because they sat around and got paid for doing nothing, which offended him because he's a businessman (snicker) but just wtf did Grisham do?

She probably didn't put out; or slapped his hand away when he went to grab her by the....

Babbylonian 7th April 2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13048374)
She probably didn't put out; or slapped his hand away when he went to grab her by the....

While I wouldn't rule out that possibility entirely, I think it's possible that Trump's frequent campaign events press briefings pissed her off. It's obvious that Trump didn't want a press secretary to do press briefings after Spicer and Huckabee were mocked relentlessly for constantly lying to the press, but once Trump started regularly lying to the press in person I can imagine the press secretary wondering just why she should bother showing up to work at all and expressing that around the office.

Pixel42 7th April 2020 12:02 PM

I think Resume is asking what Grisham did in her job. She didn't do press briefings, so what did she do all day? He's suggesting she, like (according to Trump) that pandemic panel, "sat around and got paid for doing nothing".

Babbylonian 7th April 2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel42 (Post 13048460)
I think Resume is asking what Grisham did in her job. She didn't do press briefings, so what did she do all day? He's suggesting she, like (according to Trump) that pandemic panel, "sat around and got paid for doing nothing".

As I recall, she was still dealing with press inquiries (presumably responding favorably primarily to "friendly" outlets), but a thousand bucks says she was told from the start that there would be no more formal press briefings. Once near-daily press briefings started with the rapist-in-chief heading them up, the lack of briefings before was a lot more conspicuous.

I think it's also possible that Grisham was fired for the performance of that scumbag Kushner. If she had anything to do with helping him prep, it would be easier to scapegoat her than to acknowledge Jared is even more unjustifiably arrogant than his father-in-law.

Trebuchet 7th April 2020 12:14 PM

Acting SecNav Modly has resigned. Pretty inevitable.

Babbylonian 7th April 2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13048477)
Acting SecNav Modly has resigned. Pretty inevitable.

Funny, because being unqualified, incompetent, and arrogant are usually the traits that ensure a long career as a Trump stooge...or Trump son-in-law...or Trump.

Resume 7th April 2020 12:23 PM

Trump hired her to do virtually nothing. Who know what fit of pique led to her dismissal. Now we get to witness just how feckless and obsequent Kayleigh McEnany will be. More than Kellanne? I'd bet.

Feckless, as in careless and irresponsible, forestalling a hijacking of the thread.

Stacyhs 7th April 2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13048485)
Trump hired her to do virtually nothing. Who know what fit of pique led to her dismissal. Now we get to witness just how feckless and obsequent Kayleigh McEnany will be. More than Kellanne? I'd bet.

Feckless, as in careless and irresponsible, forestalling a hijacking of the thread.

Quote:

“I'm going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. We want top-of-the line professionals.”
Trump 2015

crescent 7th April 2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13048485)
Trump hired her to do virtually nothing. Who know what fit of pique led to her dismissal. Now we get to witness just how feckless and obsequent Kayleigh McEnany will be. More than Kellanne? I'd bet.

Feckless, as in careless and irresponsible, forestalling a hijacking of the thread.

No, I think McEnany will be very professional and good. Unless....

February 26: "We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here..and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama"

Today: White House Press Secretary

New White House Press Secretary Said a Month Ago That the Coronavirus Would Never Spread to the U.S.:rolleyes:

Stacyhs 7th April 2020 12:53 PM

I wonder if we'll hear as little from McEnany as we did from Grisham? I hope so. The less stupidity and lies we hear from her, the better. After all, that's Trump's job.

Resume 7th April 2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crescent (Post 13048502)
No, I think McEnany will be very professional and good. Unless....

February 26: "We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here..and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama"

Today: White House Press Secretary

New White House Press Secretary Said a Month Ago That the Coronavirus Would Never Spread to the U.S.:rolleyes:

Wait to see this administration's response to that quote. An admission that it was rash and irresponsible? Not a ******* chance.

Stacyhs 7th April 2020 12:59 PM

McEnany's stupid comment will be addressed by reporters when, and if, she ever holds a briefing. It will be interesting to hear her response which I expect will follow her boss' tactic and she just attacks the reporter.

Meadmaker 7th April 2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resume (Post 13048511)
Wait to see this administration's response to that quote. An admission that it was rash and irresponsible? Not a ******* chance.

Response?

Only a very bad, nasty, reporter, with very low ratings, would even ask.

d4m10n 7th April 2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crescent (Post 13048502)
February 26: "We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here...and isn't it refreshing when contrasting it with the awful presidency of President Obama"

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Remarkably, Ms. McEnany made these errant remarks over a month after the first COVID patient "presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever."

Stacyhs 7th April 2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13048571)
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

Remarkably, Ms. McEnany made these errant remarks over a month after the first COVID patient "presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever."

Fake News! The liberal press was just fear mongering to bring down Trump!

(:rolleyes:)

Trebuchet 7th April 2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13048583)
Fake News! The liberal press was just fear mongering to bring down Trump!



(:rolleyes:)

It's their new hoax.

kookbreaker 7th April 2020 02:31 PM

"How I met your brother - Never mind, forgot he's still in that hut in Kenya"

McEnany tweet from 2012.

Trebuchet 7th April 2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13048612)
"How I met your brother - Never mind, forgot he's still in that hut in Kenya"

McEnany tweet from 2012.

Dang, was just going to post this and you've Ninja'd me!

It does explain why she got the job.

ChristianProgressive 7th April 2020 04:00 PM

Am I the only one who reads the thread title and in my head hopes that the count = 0 ?

Stacyhs 7th April 2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookbreaker (Post 13048612)
"How I met your brother - Never mind, forgot he's still in that hut in Kenya"

McEnany tweet from 2012.

OMG....only the 'best and the brightest!"
His people just keep getting more stupid.

Jim_MDP 7th April 2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13048712)
OMG....only the 'best and the brightest!"

His people just keep getting more stupid.

And yet both Carson and the ex-party planner (name?) still have their HUD/HHS positions.
The upside of keeping your mouth shut and letting the career pros (ie: "deep state") go about their jobs.
Each though has a multi-billion dollar remit. An audit when we get through this would not be a bad idea.

Cain 7th April 2020 07:22 PM

Trump should hire our own Zig.
Jim Acosta, Fake News: "The president said this would go away 'like a miracle' in April."
Zig: "The president said April, but it sounds like you're assuming he meant this year."

We'll go from no press conferences to marathon conferences; WH correspondents will lose the will to live.

d4m10n 8th April 2020 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive (Post 13048708)
Am I the only one who reads the thread title and in my head hopes that the count = 0 ?

They'll all have to go someday.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Dr. Keith 8th April 2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13049249)
They'll all have to go someday.

I like your optimism!

Norman Alexander 8th April 2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4m10n (Post 13049249)
They'll all have to go someday.

To jail, with any luck. Or, given the thread title, to Exile Island?

Craig4 9th April 2020 05:42 PM

Modly is out. Another piece of filthy Trumptrash ends up where it belongs, in the waste bin.

Trebuchet 9th April 2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13051051)
Modly is out. Another piece of filthy Trumptrash ends up where it belongs, in the waste bin.

And in isolation for Covid-19 exposure, according to a post in another thread. Schadenfreude feels awesome.
People in Trump's circle should be taking notes. If you do what he wants and it makes him look bad, you'll be fired.

quadraginta 10th April 2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13051098)
And in isolation for Covid-19 exposure, according to a post in another thread. Schadenfreude feels awesome.
People in Trump's circle should be taking notes. If you do what he wants and it makes him look bad, you'll be fired.


True, but also something of a truism, since if you do pretty much anything that makes him look bad you'll be fired.

varwoche 13th April 2020 03:17 AM

Here it comes, from the most passive-aggressive boss the planet has ever seen.
Trump retweets call to fire Anthony Fauci after the coronavirus expert says earlier measures ‘could have saved lives’

Darat 13th April 2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadraginta (Post 13051623)
True, but also something of a truism, since if you do pretty much anything that makes him look bad you'll be fired.


Not quite, anything Trump thinks makes him look bad.

Craig4 13th April 2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 13054207)
Here it comes, from the most passive-aggressive boss the planet has ever seen.
Trump retweets call to fire Anthony Fauci after the coronavirus expert says earlier measures ‘could have saved lives’

The country will go crazy if he does that. He might even have some of his Trumptrash distancing themselves from him.

thaiboxerken 13th April 2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13054279)
The country will go crazy if he does that. He might even have some of his Trumptrash distancing themselves from him.

Such a move will be forgotten in a couple of news cycles as Trump does something else just as horrible or worse.

Craig4 13th April 2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken (Post 13054455)
Such a move will be forgotten in a couple of news cycles as Trump does something else just as horrible or worse.

I'm not so sure of that. Fauci has become the most trusted person in the US Government. If he starts giving interviews and advising the public after being dismissed, Trump is going to have a problem.

Trebuchet 13th April 2020 08:34 AM

I wonder if Trump has had Fauci sign an NDA? Probably has, and probably thinks he can enforce it.

Dr. Keith 13th April 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13054279)
The country will go crazy if he does that. He might even have some of his Trumptrash distancing themselves from him.

You are not seeing how this will happen. It will be Trump's followers who will be demanding that the traitorous and wrong Dr. Factless must be fired. Trump is just doing what everyone told him needed to be done after Dr. Factless lost his way under pressure.

Dr. Keith 13th April 2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trebuchet (Post 13054486)
I wonder if Trump has had Fauci sign an NDA? Probably has, and probably thinks he can enforce it.

It won't matter. By the time he is fired Trump sill have discredited him with his followers.

rockysmith76 13th April 2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive (Post 13048708)
Am I the only one who reads the thread title and in my head hopes that the count = 0 ?

yes you are

quadraginta 13th April 2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 13054556)
You are not seeing how this will happen. It will be is Trump's followers who will be are demanding that the traitorous and wrong Dr. Factless must be fired. Trump is just doing what everyone told him needed to be done after Dr. Factless lost his way under pressure.


Got your tenses wrong. Aside from that you're pretty much on target.

Trebuchet 13th April 2020 11:42 AM

The woman who Trump retweeted is, unsurprisingly a Q-nut.

Craig4 13th April 2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith (Post 13054556)
You are not seeing how this will happen. It will be Trump's followers who will be demanding that the traitorous and wrong Dr. Factless must be fired. Trump is just doing what everyone told him needed to be done after Dr. Factless lost his way under pressure.

The Americans won't care what Trump's rational was. Only the Trumptrash will pay attention to Trump's excuse. It's the reaction of the Americans Trump has to worry about.

Dr. Keith 13th April 2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig4 (Post 13054832)
The Americans won't care what Trump's rational was. Only the Trumptrash will pay attention to Trump's excuse. It's the reaction of the Americans Trump has to worry about.

Sadly, the Trumptrash currently number over 40% of the population and the Americans don't seem to vote very reliably. I hope both of these change by November.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2015-22, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.