International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Jan. 6 Investigation (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353105)

ZiprHead 26th August 2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13581137)
Once again, Trump does not seem to understand that he is no longer President:

Trump Flips Out at House Committee After It Requests Secret Capitol Riot Documents

No, he's not guilty, not at all.

Paul2 26th August 2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13581137)
Once again, Trump does not seem to understand that he is no longer President:

Trump Flips Out at House Committee After It Requests Secret Capitol Riot Documents

The "angry statement" link at the bottom of the Daily Beast article you link to goes to a tweet that says that Trump is eligible to make an executive privilege argument in court.

But the Orange Menace is still a menace.

ETA: and orange.

shemp 26th August 2021 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://twitter.com/markoff/status/1430904853459394576

The back page of the front section of today's print edition of The New York Times. Call the number.

dudalb 26th August 2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw (Post 13581148)
Trump still thinks he is King!

You really expected anything different?

Bob001 26th August 2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13581351)

The back page of the front section of today's print edition of The New York Times. Call the number.

Yes, and be sure to click the options.

(For our overseas guests, Trevor Noah is a South Africa-born U.S. TV comedian and political commentator, not an actual lawyer.)

Crazy Chainsaw 26th August 2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13581373)
You really expected anything different?

Well he could think he is the Queen.

Galaxie 26th August 2021 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shemp (Post 13581351)

I took your suggestion and called the number. :D:thumbsup:

Ladewig 26th August 2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Indeed.
I really don’t understand why anyone wanted to work for him. It’s obvious that one would be in a meeting talking about US relations with RoC, he’d be nodding and looking intently at you, and then he’d say “if I’m the boss of the guy at the FCC, then I can order him to take SNL off the air, right?”

Then you’d sit there wondering if you were the guy that needed to explain it to him or if someone in the conference had the job of fielding all the kooky questions.

smartcooky 27th August 2021 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxie (Post 13581469)
I took your suggestion and called the number. :D:thumbsup:

For us foreigners, care to give us a rough transcript?

Mike! 27th August 2021 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13581920)
For us foreigners, care to give us a rough transcript?

It's got a lot going on, but it sounds like you've called a "real" law office, it gives you 4 options, press one if you instigated a riot but did not storm the capital, press two if you did storm the capital, and press three if you're the my pillow guy. (Press four to repeat options). Pressing one gets you a voice saying you got no worries and no one is going to trace the call or use GPS to find your location and no one is trying to keep you on the line any longer than necessary would you like to hear some music?, Pressing two the message is you might be in trouble (I'm not sure and I don't feel like calling again) and pressing three says, "You're ******".

That's a very rough recap, your results may vary.

Stacyhs 30th August 2021 01:44 PM

The Jan. 6 Committee has requested the phone records of Republican Reps. Lauren Boebert, of Colorado; Jim Jordan, of Ohio; Mo Brooks, of Alabama; Madison Cawthorn, of North Carolina; Matt Gaetz, of Florida; Louie Gohmert, of Texas; Marjorie Taylor Greene and Jody Hice, both of Georgia; Scott Perry, of Pennsylvania; and Andy Biggs and Paul Gosar, both of Arizona. There could be requests for more records coming. I'd bet McCarthy's will be requested as well as Trump's.

ETA: Correction: the Committee has requested the telecommunication companies to 'preserve the records'.

According to NBC News:

Quote:

Last week, the select committee demanded attack-related records of federal officials and a number of Trump allies and staffers, including some of the former president’s family members.

In July, after the committee was formed, Cheney said that the panel could call Jordan as a material witness and could also subpoena House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and even former President Donald Trump.

smartcooky 31st August 2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13581958)
It's got a lot going on, but it sounds like you've called a "real" law office, it gives you 4 options, press one if you instigated a riot but did not storm the capital, press two if you did storm the capital, and press three if you're the my pillow guy. (Press four to repeat options). Pressing one gets you a voice saying you got no worries and no one is going to trace the call or use GPS to find your location and no one is trying to keep you on the line any longer than necessary would you like to hear some music?, Pressing two the message is you might be in trouble (I'm not sure and I don't feel like calling again) and pressing three says, "You're ******".

That's a very rough recap, your results may vary.

Thanks... someone's having a laugh then.

Mike! 31st August 2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcooky (Post 13585866)
Thanks... someone's having a laugh then.

Yes, and a pretty good one at that. I had to call it four times to hear everything. A couple of options cut you off afterward. I don't know how long the hold music from pressing 1 lasts, were one to stay on the line.

dudalb 31st August 2021 01:44 PM

Nutjob GOP COngressman wants to break out imprisoned Insurrectionists and advocated bloodshed to prevent "election Fraud".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...=uxbndlbingand

That car crash he was in did severe violence to his brain as well as his body.
And, no I am not cutting him any slack because he in a wheelchair. he lost any right to that with the dangerous garbage he is spewing forth.

Mike! 31st August 2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13585883)
Nutjob GOP COngressman wants to break out imprisoned Insurrectionists and advocated bloodshed to prevent "election Fraud".

And, no I am not cutting hm any slack because he in a wheelchair. he lost any right ot hat with the dangerous garbage he is spewing forth.

Madison Cawthorn. What a name. Puts me in mind of this...
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Susheel 31st August 2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

And, no I am not cutting hm any slack because he in a wheelchair. he lost any right ot hat with the dangerous garbage he is spewing forth.

He milked that for all it was worth. Even embellished the pathos with the fiction that he was left to die in the car with his friends.

dudalb 31st August 2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13585923)
He milked that for all it was worth. Even embellished the pathos with the fiction that he was left to die in the car with his friends.

That makes him even more disgusting.

Susheel 31st August 2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13585961)
That makes him even more disgusting.

Sorry, I meant to say "by his friends"

Susheel 31st August 2021 03:07 PM

The making of Madison Cawthorn: How falsehoods helped propel the career of a new pro-Trump star of the far right

Skeptic Ginger 31st August 2021 04:57 PM

That's horrendous. I almost got to the end but couldn't read anymore about what a creep this guy is. And some sleazy PAC put the money in to get him elected.

SuburbanTurkey 31st August 2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13586130)
That's horrendous. I almost got to the end but couldn't read anymore about what a creep this guy is. And some sleazy PAC put the money in to get him elected.

Does it mention how he's a thinly veiled neo-nazi with a boner for Hitler?

Quote:

Madison Cawthorn’s visit to Hitler’s vacation home alarms his NC district’s Jews
In a 2017 social media post from the Eagle’s Nest in Bavaria, the now 25-year-old Republican congressional candidate said the former haunt of the ‘Fuhrer’ was on his ‘bucket list’
https://www.timesofisrael.com/madiso...istricts-jews/

Stacyhs 31st August 2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

And, no I am not cutting him any slack because he in a wheelchair. he lost any right to that with the dangerous garbage he is spewing forth.

From your link:

Quote:

"When are you going to call us to Washington again?" asked another attendee, prompting applause from the group and a grin from Cawthorn.

"That- we are actively working on that one," replied Cawthorn. "We have a few plans in motion I can't make public right now, but this is something that we're working on. There are a lot of Republicans who don't want to talk about this."
Oh, I BET there are a lot of Republicans who don't want to talk about this!

Cawthorne is a proven liar. He lied about being left for dead by his friend right after the accident and he lied about the accident stopping him from going to the Naval Academy. He's also a girl botherer.

Stacyhs 1st September 2021 12:42 AM

McCarthy and MTG must be running really scared of the Jan. 6 Committee investigation as they're resorting to threats:

Quote:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) have warned telecommunications companies against sharing information with the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Quote:

"If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States," McCarthy said in a statement. "If companies still choose to violate federal law, a Republican majority will not forget and will stand with Americans to hold them fully accountable under the law."
Quote:

"This is leading us into waters that we've never been in in America," Greene said during an appearance on Fox News' Tucker Carlson Tonight. "America was never meant to be a Communist country. But these are the tactics that Democrats are wanting to use."
"These cell phone companies, these telecommunications companies, they better not play with these Democrats," added Greene. "Because Republicans are coming back into the majority in 2022 and we will take this very serious... if they go along with this, they will be shut down. And that's a promise."
https://www.newsweek.com/kevin-mccar...mittee-1624820

Quote:

Neither Greene nor Carlson cited any law that gives Congress the authority to shut down companies because they complied with Congress.
(Mediaite)
Nor did McCarthy.

As one commenter wrote:

Quote:

jjmacallistar • 4 hours ago
How soon she forgets that Trump’s DOJ secretly subpoenaed Apple and Microsoft and seized at least a dozen records asking for the metadata from Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell, their staff and also numerous journalists. And then forbid Apple and Microsoft from disclosing this information to the record holders.
As Politico wrote:

Quote:

On the substance of McCarthy’s complaint, congressional committees have routinely used subpoena power to obtain data from private companies, including phone records, emails and other communications.
McCarthy and MTG: all hat, no cattle.

Stacyhs 1st September 2021 12:57 AM

Rep. Adam Schiff had this to say about McCarthy and he's right. McCarthy and Trump are petrified of this investigation.

Quote:

Schiff said on Tuesday that McCarthy’s threat was “premised on a falsehood.”

“He’s scared. And I think his boss is scared,” Schiff said on MSNBC. “They didn’t want this commission and this select committee to go forward. They certainly didn’t want it to go forward as it is on a bipartisan basis, and they don’t want the country to know exactly what they were involved in.

“And Kevin McCarthy lives to do whatever Trump wants. But he is trying to threaten these companies, and it shows yet again why this man, Kevin McCarthy, can never be allowed to go anywhere near the speaker’s office.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...equests-508166

Warp12 1st September 2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

In some venues, like this board, he is.

The CIA spent a lot of taxpayer money on less effective mind-control efforts.

The Great Zaganza 1st September 2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13586452)
In some venues, like this board, he is.

The CIA spent a lot of taxpayer money on less effective mind-control efforts.

but unlike his fanboys, no one here donates money to him.

Warp12 1st September 2021 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13586456)

As they say, "time is money".

Susheel 1st September 2021 01:37 AM

Who says that? What does it mean?

Warp12 1st September 2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13586459)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...e%20is%20money

Susheel 1st September 2021 01:42 AM

So how do you intend to retrofit it into the context of the current discussion? I don't see any way in which the aphorism relates to the current discussion.

Warp12 1st September 2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13586465)
So how do you intend to retrofit it into the context of the current discussion? I don't see any way in which the aphorism relates to the current discussion.

My specific statement, as clearly displayed, was in response to:

Quote:

And the follow-up, regarding the commodity of time was in response to:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13586456)

Programs such as MK-Ultra used drugs and other targeted methods to induce altered states. Trump simply exists, and creates such realties for some people. He is, in fact, still "King", in some venues. This forum being one of them.

His ability to influence and provoke spans the political and social spectrum.

Whether it is the events of January 6th, or current Democrat and Republican policy/support, he has his hand in it. Even after being “silenced” to a large extent.

It is pretty wild.

The Great Zaganza 1st September 2021 02:52 AM

Standard CT nonsense logic.

The Great Zaganza 1st September 2021 02:56 AM

Trump's media presence, and thus share of general attention, is the result of the Media companies, not of Trump's powers of influence.
Trump gained widespread attention because Twitter let him - and he lost it the moment Twitter withdraw that tool from him.
It's just another form of god-emperor worship to attribute awesome media skills to Trump, when he is just being supported by influencers and bots.

Warp12 1st September 2021 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13586493)
Standard CT nonsense logic.

But yet, here you are, talking about Trump....like much of the board.

The Great Zaganza 1st September 2021 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13586501)

And people talk about hurricane Ida, so what's your point?

Warp12 1st September 2021 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13586502)
And people talk about hurricane Ida, so what's your point?

:rolleyes:

SuburbanTurkey 1st September 2021 04:41 AM

It's hard to tell if the squawking from the right about having their phone records pulled is just the normal fake outrage they drum up about everything, or if they are actually nervous about what might be found.

Either way, seems like a good target to keep driving at.

Here's MTG on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour promising to retaliate against any phone company that complies with records requests.

Quote:

Greene: These telecommunication companies, if they go along with this, they will be shut down. That’s a promise
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1432866784432979969

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but they seem especially uneasy about this.

eerok 1st September 2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13586501)

You know how, when you have zit on your nose, that's where your attention is immediately drawn when you look in a mirror? Trump is the zit on the nose of American politics.

Captain_Swoop 1st September 2021 09:44 AM

He's the floater that won't flush.

Mike! 1st September 2021 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warp12 (Post 13586457)
As they say, "time is money".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susheel (Post 13586459)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djb3zcvW...jpg&name=small

Mods, this was found on twitter and has a PBS address, so I hope posting it was within the rules, if it wasn't just change it and not ding e for it, pretty please.