International Skeptics Forum

International Skeptics Forum (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumindex.php)
-   USA Politics (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The post-Trump fascist creep catch-all thread (http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350859)

Craig4 25th February 2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudalb (Post 13739727)
Looks as though Trump's fascist buddy/patron has started a war.

A lot of this is because Vlady is insecure about his penis size. Vlady never spent time at risk like the soldiers he sends to fight. He was a thug. We worked in East Germany as a KGB officer, not exactly putting himself out there by way of risk. He never had to worry about being arrested by the country where he worked. He's living vicariously through young, Russian conscripts and he's insecure because he feels like his penis is small. What we really need is for Donald Trump to tell Vlady that he (Trump I mean) isn't a size queen is doesn't mind being ****** but Vlady's small dick.

Crossbow 28th February 2022 02:07 PM

By the way, in case you all have not heard, Trump is now saying that he saved NATO.

When he was President Trump, he talked about the US leaving NATO and he withheld military aid to Ukraine as well in order to get some data about Hunter Biden.

But fortunately for us all, Trump is the one who saved NATO (or at least, this is what he is currently saying about NATO).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

Trump, Who Wanted to Withdraw the U.S. from NATO, Now Claims Credit for Its Existence

“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars,” Trump wrote in a statement released Monday. “There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly.”

While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’”

Stacyhs 28th February 2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbow (Post 13744684)
By the way, in case you all have not heard, Trump is now saying that he saved NATO.

When he was President Trump, he talked about the US leaving NATO and he withheld military aid to Ukraine as well in order to get some data about Hunter Biden.

But fortunately for us all, Trump is the one who saved NATO (or at least, this is what he is currently saying about NATO).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

Trump, Who Wanted to Withdraw the U.S. from NATO, Now Claims Credit for Its Existence

“I hope everyone is able to remember that it was me, as President of the United States, that got delinquent NATO members to start paying their dues, which amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars,” Trump wrote in a statement released Monday. “There would be no NATO if I didn’t act strongly and swiftly.”

While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’”

Trump's the poster child for narcissism. I can't imagine what it would be like to be married to or a child of that POS. He just makes my skin crawl.

Mike! 28th February 2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13744692)
Trump's the poster child for narcissism. I can't imagine what it would be like to be married to or a child of that POS. He just makes my skin crawl.

In his defense (shudder) he could have been using sarcasm, and we all know that usually doesn't translate well to print.
:duck:

Now that I've said that, let me emphasize how much I want him to have a debilitating stroke, at the very least, still.

Trebuchet 28th February 2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13744692)

Or married to a child of Trump, or be a child of a child of Trump....

Stacyhs 28th February 2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13744702)
In his defense (shudder) he could have been using sarcasm, and we all know that usually doesn't translate well to print.
:duck:

Now that I've said that, let me emphasize how much I want him to have a debilitating stroke, at the very least, still.

Wait. You think it's even possible that Trump claiming to have saved NATO could have been sarcasm? What are you on? Have you fallen and hit your head lately?

Mike! 28th February 2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13744741)
Wait. You think it's even possible that Trump claiming to have saved NATO could have been sarcasm? What are you on? Have you fallen and hit your head lately?

I wasn't referring to that part of the quote, everyone knows he's talking out of his ass when it comes to NATO, I was talking about this part:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody talking about the Moron Trump
While he is now trying to portray himself as Ukraine’s savior and on Saturday called Russia’s attack “appalling,” Trump only days before praised Putin for the invasion, saying on a podcast, “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’

That's all, trust me. :blush: And upon reading it again, I have to say, I don't think it was sarcasm after all. The man's a dolt of the highest caliber and he can't have a stroke or a burst aneurysm soon enough for me.

Stacyhs 28th February 2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13744814)
I wasn't referring to that part of the quote, everyone knows he's talking out of his ass when it comes to NATO, I was talking about this part:

That's all, trust me. :blush: And upon reading it again, I have to say, I don't think it was sarcasm after all. The man's a dolt of the highest caliber and he can't have a stroke or a burst aneurysm soon enough for me.

Sometimes I wish that I actually believed prayer could accomplish something.

Jim_MDP 28th February 2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13744814)

I don't think so.
His "taking a country for $2 in sanctions" and "big country, just walked right in" were T's hard on for Putin's invasion.
Then he "read the room"... as in, the vast majority of the world calling for Vlad's head on a stick.
That, and I don't think he has the depth of imagination to grasp sarcasm.
T just floats wherever the political winds blow... but far more often, it's his original brain fart that shows the real man. And it's not a pretty picture.

Norman Alexander 28th February 2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP (Post 13744953)
I don't think so.
His "taking a country for $2 in sanctions" and "big country, just walked right in" were T's hard on for Putin's invasion.
Then he "read the room"... as in, the vast majority of the world calling for Vlad's head on a stick.
That, and I don't think he has the depth of imagination to grasp sarcasm.
T just floats wherever the political winds blow
... but far more often, it's his original brain fart that shows the real man. And it's not a pretty picture.

He hasn't got the mental power to remember what he said 30 seconds ago. He's a giant malicious goldfish.

Bubba 28th February 2022 10:23 PM

Still beleves Rachel

Quote:

by dudalb View Post
Looks as though Trump's fascist buddy/patron has started a war.
Trump took out Putin's guys.

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.
Trump killed Russian combatants in Syria.
He killed two or three major terrorist leaders.
He told Putin stay out of Ukraine or else.
Putin obeyed,...Until Biden/Harris.

See a pattern?

Stacyhs 28th February 2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba (Post 13745116)

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Putin couldn't as long as his buddy Cadet Bonespurs was in office. It would have hurt his chances of re-election in 2020.

Quote:

Did he bore them to death with his repeated whining?

Quote:

Yeah, that surprised me. He usually just invites them to Mar a Lago.

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, he was so scared of Trump he tried to get him re-elected!

Quote:

He didn't have to worry about Donnie not getting re-elected.

Quote:

See a pattern?
Yes. And you really should break it. Just how many times can you be wrong?

From Politifact:

Quote:

"I have been much tougher on Russia than Obama, just look at the facts. Total Fake News!"

We rate Trump’s statement Mostly False.
Obama Russia sanctions: 458
Trump Russia sanctions: 273

Quote:

Sanctions on Russia increased substantially during the Obama administration compared to the prior rate of designations, primarily in response to Russia’s territorial aggression in Ukraine and illegal annexation of Crimea in 2014. The Trump administration continued imposing new sanctions on Russia, albeit at a much lower rate than the preceding Obama administration, which designated 458 entities and individuals with ties to Russia during Obama’s second term compared to 273 under Trump.
So, so tough! LOL!!

The Great Zaganza 1st March 2022 03:19 AM

Trump/Republican's most favorite country:
Russia

Trump/Republican's least favorite country:
China

Russia's greatest ally:
China

Stacyhs 1st March 2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.

See a pattern?

When a Newsmax anchor claimed Trump was hard on Russia and that's why Putin didn't invade Ukraine while T was a POTUS, John Bolton said

Quote:

“It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians.”
Quote:

Newsmax host Rob Schmitt said that “there is something to be said, though, about the simple fact that there was not aggression during the four years” Trump was in office, noting a list of actions that the Washington think tank Brookings Institution said the Trump administration took against Russia.

“I mean, he took a very tough stance against Russia. I'm surprised you don't think that he would have handled it better than Joe Biden,” Schmitt told Bolton.

“He did not,” Bolton replied. “We didn't sanction Nord Stream 2. We should have. We should have brought the project to an end. We did impose sanctions on Russian oligarchs and several others because of their sales of S-400 anti-aircraft systems to other countries. But in almost every case, the sanctions were imposed with Trump complaining about it, saying we were being too hard.”

The Trump-era national security adviser claimed the former president did not know where Ukraine was on a map and said he believed Russia did not take more aggressive actions while Trump was in office because Russia “didn’t feel that their military was ready.”

“The fact is that he barely knew where Ukraine was. He once asked John Kelly, his second chief of staff, if Finland were a part of Russia. It’s just not accurate to say that Trump's behavior somehow deterred the Russians,” Bolton said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...w-deterred-the

Captain_Swoop 1st March 2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Under Obama/Biden,
Putin took Crimea.

Under Biden/Harris,
Putin invades Ukraine.

Under Trump.

See a pattern?

Hahahahahahaha

Resume 1st March 2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Trump burble . . .

Snicker.

Norman Alexander 2nd March 2022 02:14 AM

Putin didn't have to invade Ukraine while Donny was in the White House. Donny was doing the job he wanted on Ukraine for him.

Captain_Swoop 2nd March 2022 05:40 PM

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) poses a very helpful hypothetical showing tremendous brainpower:

“Can you imagine if [Putin] went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not.

Video in link

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...91115055763457

slyjoe 2nd March 2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop (Post 13747164)
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) poses a very helpful hypothetical showing tremendous brainpower:

“Can you imagine if [Putin] went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not.

Video in link

I wonder if he thinks France is next to Russia. Trump certainly thought Finland was part of Russia.

Skeptic Ginger 2nd March 2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Video in link

There's some hilarious stuff in that Twitter link. I especially love the Ukrainians who hijacked the tank. That's as funny as the farmer towing a tank away with his tractor.

Lurch 2nd March 2022 06:07 PM

If someone were to ask a GOPer what GOP is shorthand for, said GOPer could reply, "It stands for how solve problems. Guns Or Prayer."

Carlotta 2nd March 2022 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger (Post 13747176)
There's some hilarious stuff in that Twitter link. I especially love the Ukrainians who hijacked the tank. That's as funny as the farmer towing a tank away with his tractor.

And the Ukrainian guards calling Russian prisoners' moms to come take them home! (OK, probably not mentioned in Twitter; I'm not slogging through.) Ukrainians seem to have weapon-grade humor.

Stacyhs 2nd March 2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Video in link

What's DeSantis' excuse for establishing a Vichy government in Trump's arse?

TheGoldcountry 2nd March 2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13747285)

OK, that made me laugh. Thanks.

Skeptic Ginger 2nd March 2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 13747224)
And the Ukrainian guards calling Russian prisoners' moms to come take them home! (OK, probably not mentioned in Twitter; I'm not slogging through.) Ukrainians seem to have weapon-grade humor.

I saw it. It was funny too. Or sad. Or both.

Crossbow 3rd March 2022 12:51 PM

Very recently, Trump lionized Putin for being so very smart.

And now, Trump is congratulating himself for sending weapons to Ukraine even though Trump got impeached for hindering the weapons that were sent to Ukraine in order to pressure the government of Ukraine to provide Trump with political help.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...184203980.html

Trump now claiming credit for weapons used ‘so well’ by Ukrainians

“Russia has gotten in deeper than they ever thought possible,” Mr Trump said, “to a certain extent because of the weapons that I gave and that the Ukrainians used so well.

“I mean they use so well, amazing. So I think Russia is, something could be done with them right now, because they’re not looking so good.”

And of course, Trump being Trump, now says that it is time for some sort of deal which will get Russia out of Ukraine:

Asked by Ms Bartiromo what that “something” might be, Mr Trump replied it was time to “work out a deal” and that Russia needs to “stop killing these people”.

Stacyhs 3rd March 2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbow (Post 13748065)
Very recently, Trump lionized Putin for being so very smart.

And now, Trump is congratulating himself for sending weapons to Ukraine even though Trump got impeached for hindering the weapons that were sent to Ukraine in order to pressure the government of Ukraine to provide Trump with political help.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-now-cla...184203980.html

Trump now claiming credit for weapons used ‘so well’ by Ukrainians

“Russia has gotten in deeper than they ever thought possible,” Mr Trump said, “to a certain extent because of the weapons that I gave and that the Ukrainians used so well.

“I mean they use so well, amazing. So I think Russia is, something could be done with them right now, because they’re not looking so good.”

And of course, Trump being Trump, now says that it is time for some sort of deal which will get Russia out of Ukraine:

Asked by Ms Bartiromo what that “something” might be, Mr Trump replied it was time to “work out a deal” and that Russia needs to “stop killing these people”.

Notice the use of "I sent", not "we" or "the US".

Stacyhs 3rd March 2022 03:01 PM

Sean Hannity's former producer has been arrested for violating US sanctions against a Russian oligarch:
Quote:

As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is less notable for his ties to Vladimir Putin than his old ties to Sean Hannity—he is a former Fox News producer who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.

The DOJ simultaneously unsealed a grand jury indictment against him, accusing Hanick of knowingly engaging in business dealings with Malofeyev, who had been formally sanctioned by the U.S. government for his role in financing Russia-backed soldiers in eastern Ukraine who have violently tried to break off from the democratic country since 2014.

Armitage72 3rd March 2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13748109)
Notice the use of "I sent", not "we" or "the US".

It's no different than when "he" developed the COVID vaccine.

Stacyhs 3rd March 2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armitage72 (Post 13748248)
It's no different than when "he" developed the COVID vaccine.

You mean the one that is implanting tracking devices in us, altering our DNA, and magnetizing us? :p

varwoche 4th March 2022 07:41 AM

The right wing love affair with Putin and other authoritarianian thugs came to the fore due to Trump, and Fox has promoted this sentiment extensively. Once in a great while there are consequences.

Quote:

As the United States increasingly goes after some of the Kremlin’s business tentacles, the latest person arrested for violating U.S. sanctions against Russia is a former Fox News director who left to launch a Russian propaganda network.

The Department of Justice on Thursday revealed that Jack Hanick was quietly arrested in London on Feb. 3 for dodging U.S. sanctions by helping a sanctioned Russian oligarch, Konstantin Malofeyev, start his right-wing Tsargrad TV.

Stacyhs 4th March 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varwoche (Post 13748695)
The right wing love affair with Putin and other authoritarianian thugs came to the fore due to Trump, and Fox has promoted this sentiment extensively. Once in a great while there are consequences.

Yes...I posted this a few upthread.

Mike! 4th March 2022 02:40 PM

This is what running your mouth without engaging your brain gets you...

https://www.grid.news/story/global/2...hhEYo9BlEu38Vo

Apathia 4th March 2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13749133)

Next up they invite Putin to send forces to liberate America from the Libs. :wackytwitcy:

Stacyhs 4th March 2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike! (Post 13749133)

A perfect example of just why the Russians wanted Trump re-elected.

Mike! 4th March 2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apathia (Post 13749218)
Next up they invite Putin to send forces to liberate America from the Libs. :wackytwitcy:

Don't give them any ideas.

The Great Zaganza 5th March 2022 12:11 AM

The Right -wing media is the logical target for Russian influence operations - and we are seeing the payoff.

SuburbanTurkey 5th March 2022 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza (Post 13749378)
The Right -wing media is the logical target for Russian influence operations - and we are seeing the payoff.

While I wouldn't be surprised if some right wing propagandists are on the Russian payroll, I see no reason to assume so.

Right wingers are willing to simp for authoritarianism for free. People like Tucker Carlson are not being insincere when they drool in admiration for Putin's Russia, it's exactly the type of government they are working to foist on the US.

varwoche 5th March 2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13748948)
Yes...I posted this a few upthread.

A semi-regular occurrence of late.

dudalb 5th March 2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacyhs (Post 13747285)

I make the occassnional joke about France's military record but this is just plain ignorance.