View Single Post
Old 13th March 2017, 10:32 PM   #467
PartSkeptic
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
And again, please explain the logic you used to come to this particular hypothesis!!! There has to be a reason you decided simulation instead of plain old, it must be god helping me along.

1. When I was about 25 in 1975, I unknowingly ate a marijuana cookie at a party. I hallucinated for the rest of the evening. The universe vanished and I joined the singular cosmic intelligence. It decided to continue the "dream". I was an agnostic leaning towards atheism at the time. While impressive, it did not change my life in any way.

2. I have had numerous supernatural experiences during my life. Again, I did not wonder about the whys and the wherefores. They are not explainable by physics or by human brain misfirings/imaginings.

3. At the beginning of this year, I was discussing ways to determine whether we are in a simulation, and extraordinary coincidence occurred to me as a possibility. Then they started to happen. Then I started to discuss them on this forum.

4. What is the difference between a simulation and the dream of a cosmic intelligence or God? God could be part of the dream/simulation.

5. If reality is not as solid as some think it is - the solid reality being the the basis for a belief that there is nothing else - then there is the possibility of the supernatural - irrespective of the underlying truth of the prime cause.

6. If there is a hyper-natural intelligence causing such odd happenings there is no reason for repeatability. They do not follow a natural law. If that is the case then any scientific experiment will fail. We are left with "eye-witness" testimony. What skeptics refer to as anecdotes.

7. If the gold standard for belief is scientific experiment which excludes human conscious experiences then I see that as a limitation. Some people are open to anecdote but will examine the credibility of the "witness". If one dismisses any mention of the supernatural as discrediting the witness then there is a built-in prejudice.

8. Although I admit to not being able to truly know, I choose a path in my life that ties in with the best possibility of what life is about.

9. I see a number of atheists who call themselves skeptics when it suits them. The fact of the matter is that they scoff at anything supernatural.