View Single Post
Old 11th November 2017, 08:43 AM   #41
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
If you really spend that much time getting to know your local member then you must be one in a million. Most people can be considered knowledgeable if they know which party controls their electorate and if they know the name of their local member then they can be considered geniuses.
And again that's not the fault of a voting system. Voter apathy is not a problem that can be solved via telling parties "Just go ahead and make my decisions for me."

And we're not talking some huge, unimaginably complex dump of information.

It's President/Vice President ticket, Two Senators, A Representative, A Governor and a LT Governor, my district representatives for the State legislature, a half dozen state officials and a handful of referendums.

If you can keep track of the GOT characters or all the stats for your favorite sports team you can do this.

"Hating a bad thing does not make you good." - David Wong
JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top