View Single Post
Old 31st March 2022, 09:38 AM   #164
Navigator
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
The definition of magic is something that contradicts the observed laws of physics. The Big Bang does not contradict the observed laws of physics, in fact it was deduced from them. So you are, once again, about as wrong as it is possible to be.
I was not referring to the event as the magic, but to the idea that everything was contained within something so small that it almost doesn't exist.

That is the "lie to children" version. It does not remotely describe the physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie-to-children
From what I can gather - what you mean is that it is the mythological version told to those who do not know how to read the math.

I'd define it as saying something you know is not true, regardless of intent, in which case this qualifies, but I agree it's arguable. A quick check of online dictionaries shows some include the "in order to mislead/deceive" qualifier and some don't. But it doesn't really matter, it's clear what the coiners of the phrase mean by it, and I think it's an important point - at least on this forum, where those who fail to grasp it regularly start or contribute to threads like this one.
If I started this thread because of a mythology told to those who otherwise cannot grasp the math, then it is up to those who make the claim to expand on the mythology in a manner that best represents the math.

I myself am fine with whatever the facts are, magical or otherwise...for my part I am just showing how it is easy to glance behind the curtain and see other possibilities which explain the evidence in a manner that one can understand follows the observed rules of physics and I do so on the grounds that whatever birthed this universe can be observed in the physics of this universe - as in the Mother is observed in the Child...patterns within patterns...

Furthermore, it was no accident that I called the thread "The Seed of Origin" as representative of the Object which existed prior to the Object exploding [germinating] to become the Subject.

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top