View Single Post
Old 1st April 2022, 10:32 AM   #184
Navigator
Philosopher

Quote:
However, I think there is a misconception that Navigator is hung-up on. He rejects the idea that the whole universe could have been compressed into a point or some tiny thing..."almost nothing" I think he refers to it as. But in fact, that is a misunderstanding of the theory. When cosmologists talk about the primordial singularity, most people jump to the conclusion that they are talking about the same sort of singularity that is being referenced with regard to a black hole, but this is not that case at all. The term simply refers to an early hot, dense phase of the universe.
I do not reject any idea. Questioning any idea is not the same thing as rejecting any idea.

The questioning itself points to what is referred to as 'magical thinking' in relation to a seed which hung upon itself and the germinated into itself and upon germinating, became a series of unfolding events which we humans - so near the beginning of its unfolding - perceive as an astronomical reality - and one in which we have barely scratched the surface of...

Bearing in mind what we do know about seeds, we understand that they contain coding which - and this is the kicker - require an outside substance in order to be enabled to release that information and become something other than just the seed.

The seed requires a backdrop which already exists in order to be be able to germinate - to release its coding.

That is why I speculate that space is eternal and acts as the ground in which the seed germinates and becomes what its encoding specifies.

Atheism is not skepticism

Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors. ~ ISF disclaimer
Navigator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top