View Single Post
Old 31st March 2008, 08:26 PM   #19
Radrook
Banned

Originally Posted by Robert Oz View Post
Nonsense.
Not at all.

Quote:
Many have read the Bible without any hidden agenda or bias and in so doing lost their faith. In fact, biased readers are precisely those who continue to hold onto their faith after reading of the atrocities God performed and demanded from his chosen people.
That's a matter of opinion.

btw
I would bet my bottom dollar that the atrocities demanded of its citizens from certain countries doesn't disturb them in one bit and that they still salute their flags with tearful eye. 'Twas a matter of necessity! Or 'Twas done for the greater good of the many! would be the response if questioned.

Quote:
So, when God kills sinners he's delivering divine justice, but when innocents are killed alongside (i.e. children of sinners) he is merely postponing their relocation to Heaven (or wherever)?
As I previously pointed out and you completely choose to ignore-there are no innocent humans deserving life since we are all sinners. That hew is willing to grant such ones a life in paradise is an expression of his undeserved kindness. Perhaps that he temporarily terminated their life among those devil worshippers is an act of kindness as well since their practices involved child sacrifice bestiality, child abuse via incest etcetera.

Quote:
Whether it is killing or postponing relocation, life is nevertheless taken. Is it indiscriminate? Damn straight it is.
Not at all.

Quote:
God tells Moses to confront Pharaoh. God hardens Pharoah's heart. Then God kills Egypt's first born as punishment for Pharoah's heart being hard! Am I missing the context?
You are missing the context because to you context is limited to the page you are reading and anything beyond that is conveniently out of context. In short, you are writing your own entire Bible based on selected texts. The hardening of the heart is fully explainable but that would deviate the discussion so I suggest you google for an explanation.

Quote:
Unless, of course, He is merely a fictional character. We are talking about the God portrayed in the Bible.
That's for you to decide for yourself.

Quote:
The God portrayed in the Bible is usually quick to anger and frequently merciless.
Some people deserve no mercy. Weren't your armies merciless when dealing with Hitler? As for quick-tempered. ignoring the scriptures I provided and choosing to continue to tag God that way only serves to show that you have a hidden agenda.

Quote:
The unbiased reader is the one who starts questioning the existence of this character. If a God exists, perhaps He is the God of the Bible, but then he is certainly not all good. If an all good God exists, then he is certainly not the God of the Bible.
Jesus, whose God was the biblical God disagrees with you:

Mark 10:18
So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Quote:
Like when He drowned all those little babies and children in the Great Flood?

Robert Oz.
Like when you crisped all those little human children in Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki and I don't see you even blinking an eyelash over it? Since you seem to be unfamiliar with he details of the flood account while feeling qualified to delve on its contents let me elucidate you by informing you that the population involved is not described as being totally human. Now I'm assuming you didn't know this little relevant fact. However, if you did and are still defending that genetically contaminated population as worthy of living next to normal humans, then, it becomes a matter of your ethical principles versus God's. And if that is so-then I choose God's.

Isaiah 55:9
“ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Last edited by Radrook; 31st March 2008 at 08:43 PM.
Radrook is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top