View Single Post
Old 18th December 2008, 02:31 PM   #94
Graduate Poster
Even more hilarious is this:
Originally Posted by Heiwa View Post
Yes, let's do that!

Otto von Gericke and Evangelista Torricelli would not be proud of you. I agree - under pressure due vacuum (absence of air) cannot be more than about 1 000 hPa and to maintain it for 2.25 seconds is a big job. But say we can apply 1 000 hPa on a structure!

Say my structure is 100 meters long and 50 meters wide = 5000 mē and I manage to apply 1000 hPa pressure on a floor. (Under or over pressure does not matter - right?) What is the force F in Newton applied to the floor? Right it is 5 000 (mē) * 100 000 (Pa) = 500 000 000 N!

Quite a big force - say 50 000 tons in more understandable units - but let's keep it in N(ewton).

And this force F is now pushing/sucking down the structure. Say the structure mass m is 100 000 tons or 100 000 000 kgs. What is the acceleration a produced by 500 000 000 N acting on 100 000 000 kgs? Right - it is 5 m/sē or 0.5 g.

You thought it was 0.003 g, so we differ only 166.7 times. Nice try, liar!

Actually, vacuum is pretty strong. I have had the misfortune to see tank structures that had collapsed due to vacuum! The poor operators pumped the tanks empty and forgot to allow air into it and BLOUFF - they collapsed.
Next question - how to create vacuum at bottom of WTC7? You have removed all personnel and NYFD (not witnesses) evidently. What do you do next? Right - your remove the air! And BLOUFF - the WTC7 is pulled!

Quite basic, really.
(Bit long, but all of it is needed to see his basic premise).

Yes, he's saying that WTC7 was demolished by a hard vacuum in the lower stories. Really. Creating a hard vacuum inside an ordinary building is quite basic, you see.
"Hello. My name is Inigo Skywalker. You are my father. Prepare to die."
grmcdorman is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top