View Single Post
Old 18th December 2008, 02:31 PM   #94
grmcdorman
Muse

Even more hilarious is this:
Originally Posted by Heiwa View Post
Yes, let's do that!

Otto von Gericke and Evangelista Torricelli would not be proud of you. I agree - under pressure due vacuum (absence of air) cannot be more than about 1 000 hPa and to maintain it for 2.25 seconds is a big job. But say we can apply 1 000 hPa on a structure!

Say my structure is 100 meters long and 50 meters wide = 5000 mē and I manage to apply 1000 hPa pressure on a floor. (Under or over pressure does not matter - right?) What is the force F in Newton applied to the floor? Right it is 5 000 (mē) * 100 000 (Pa) = 500 000 000 N!

Quite a big force - say 50 000 tons in more understandable units - but let's keep it in N(ewton).

And this force F is now pushing/sucking down the structure. Say the structure mass m is 100 000 tons or 100 000 000 kgs. What is the acceleration a produced by 500 000 000 N acting on 100 000 000 kgs? Right - it is 5 m/sē or 0.5 g.

You thought it was 0.003 g, so we differ only 166.7 times. Nice try, liar!

Actually, vacuum is pretty strong. I have had the misfortune to see tank structures that had collapsed due to vacuum! The poor operators pumped the tanks empty and forgot to allow air into it and BLOUFF - they collapsed.
Next question - how to create vacuum at bottom of WTC7? You have removed all personnel and NYFD (not witnesses) evidently. What do you do next? Right - your remove the air! And BLOUFF - the WTC7 is pulled!

Quite basic, really.
(Bit long, but all of it is needed to see his basic premise).

Yes, he's saying that WTC7 was demolished by a hard vacuum in the lower stories. Really. Creating a hard vacuum inside an ordinary building is quite basic, you see.