View Single Post
Old 21st March 2011, 05:00 AM   #708
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by kylebisme View Post
Rather, on the cumulative basis of Robertson's witness account among others, along with video, photographs, and supported by some limited metallurgical analysis.
The videos and photographs have been discussed at length; to summarise, it's impossible for them to be molten steel. The metallurgical analysis you're referring to doesn't exist; nobody has presented metallurgical analysis showing that any previously molten, now solidified material from anywhere in the WTC complex is steel.

I won't bother recounting that all in detail though, as I'm sure you've seen it before and are fully prepared to wave your hands at it until they fall off.
Please do recount the metallurgical analysis in detail, so we can explain to you that it doesn't say what you want it to. The rest, we can disregard, because it amounts to nothing more than anecdotes.

Estimating the temperature of a material by visual inspection is fairly simple, to the point that one only need be familiar with the change in color of the light emitted by steel as it's heated to the point of melting to be able to recognise such temperatures. Granted, the color of the light emitted alone can't be used to identify the material, but being a stream of molten material of the temperature hot enough to melt steel in a pile full of steel; it doesn't take a degree in metallurgy come to conclusion that one is looking at is. at least in part, molten steel.
On the contrary, it requires considerable ignorance of metallurgy to believe that molten metal at such a high temperature can only be molten steel.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top