View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Wolrab
Illuminator

Quote:
Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called expert tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown. (Vallee, J., Confrontations, New York: Ballantine Books, 1990.) -- Jacques Vallee
Skeptics are the ones that seem to understand the definition of "unexplained". They aren't the ones that skip over the zillions of more likely possibilities and start bleating, "ALIENS!!!".
With my ufo experience, I faced the possibility of my whole world view being forced to change...for about a minute. I am so glad those geese circled back around.

Last edited by Wolrab; 7th May 2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: forgot the quote function
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top