View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 10:44 AM   #22
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Oh yes, I have no time for Vallee's fantasies, but I think he did have a strong point re eye witness reports.

I also agree that witnesses can be mistaken, and those with little knowledge of astronomy and weather conditions could be confused. However, when it comes to pilots and other professionals who we rely on for good and valid observation, and are then equally ridiculed by officialdom, then we are surely entitled to query the more eccentric rebuttals.

Cannot the official view simply say that yes, OK, that report seems unusual and interesting, but there is insufficient information to confirm the source of the phenomenom, and treat us like grown up adults?
Campeche UFO, FLIR sdystem, Mexican (?) army. Mistaken oil rig flare for UFO. And tehre are more of those (like pilote following venus as UFO or even the moon following a crash).

You attribute a higher quality on pilote observation which is not warranted by the reality.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top