View Single Post
Old 11th August 2011, 09:29 AM   #61
Patrick1000
Banned

Lost Bird Proves Apollo Inauthenticity

You asked for links Matt, but I do not think I can do that for a while, like 2 weeks. Is that correct? Assuming that to be the case, here is a collection of quotes from my references. As a collection, as a group of quotes, one sees there very much is this effort to dupe us into believing no one has a clue as to where these guys are. The best I can do under the circumstances Matt. As you read these, keep in mind, they're at the same time, giving the people at Lick Observatory the Eagle's EXACT coordinates and doing it in real time. More or less right after they put the LRRR down. It is crazy!

1) CDR/ARMSTRONG.(TRANQ) "Houston, the guys that said that we wouldn't be able to tell precisely where we are are the winners today.*
We were a little busy worrying*
about program alarms and things like that in the part of the descent where we would*
normally be picking out our landing spot; and aside from a good look at several of the*
craters we came over in the final descent, I haven't been able to pick out the things on*
the horizon as a reference as yet."

APOLLO 11 VOICE TRANSCRIPT.

2) "Of course the ground can take its measurements as well, but it really has no way of judging where the LM came down, except by comparing Neil and Buzz's description of their surrounding terrain with the rather crude maps that Houston has."

Command Module Pilot Michael Collins, book,* CARRYING THE FIRE.

3) "While Houston and Eagle prepared for liftoff, feeding coordinates into the computer that would, with luck, achieve a smooth rendezvous with Columbia on its twenty-fifth lunar orbit, there were two nagging worries. One was a slightly embarrassing technical failure: Houston wasn't precisely sure where Tranquility Base was located on the lunar surface. Ever since touchdown, NASA's geological survey team had been scrambling to unravel just how far away from the planned landing site Neil had gone while scrambling to avoid the deadly escarpment.
The United States Geological Survey in Houston and the Center for Astrogeology in Flagstaff, Arizona, desperately studying maps and analyzing information available, had finally come to a consensus. But it was just an educated guess. There had been no provision for an aborted site and a zig-zag, last-second dash to find a safe landing zone. The one hope for a completely accurate fix was the laser retro-reflector experiment Aldrin and Armstrong had assembled a few hours prior. But, thus far Houston hadn't been able to locate the reflector with the laser.
Less than an hour prior to scheduled liftoff, Capsule Communicator Ron Evans apologetically briefed the astronauts on the situation: "We have fairly high confidence that we know the position of the Eagle. However, it is possible that we may have a change of plans. But in the worst case it could be up to 30 feet per second, and of course we don't expect that at all". Meaning: If they were far off Eagle's location, a successful rendezvous would require some quick and accurate throttling up or down to thread the needle properly tricky work at 5,000 miles per hour. Of course, it was for such contingencies that Buzz Aldrin, a man with a genius for astrophysics, who held a Ph.D. in space rendezvous from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Neil Armstrong, one of the coolest hands in the history of aviation, were chosen for the job. NASA believed the Apollo 11 team could do it, and so did they. In the end, NASA's failure to ascertain the exact location of Tranquility Base had no great impact on the docking of Columbia and Eagle, which was fortunate, because it wasn't until 5 days after splash-down on July 29, when film taken by the astronauts was processed and studied, that an official determination was reached."

Leon Wagner's authorized biography of Neil Armstrong,* ONE GIANT LEAP.

4) "In the meantime we were monitoring the signal sent back by the passive seismic experiment and attempting to find the LRRR that the astronauts had left behind. This latter operation was not as easy as we expected, since the exact location of the landing site was not immediately known. Mike Collins had attempted unsuccessfully to locate the LM from orbit using the command module sextant. After analyzing the flight data and the returned photographs, we passed our best estimate to the LRRR PIs, and the LRRR was found on August 1, 1969 by the Lick Observatory in California."

Apollo experimental scientist Donald Beattie, book, TAKING SCIENCE TO THE MOOON.

5) "But no one, not Armstrong and Aldrin nor anyone in mission control, knew just where Eagle was. The location would be a helpful, though not essential, piece of information for this computer to have during tomorrow's rendezvous. It fell to Collins to try to find the LM on the surface, using the command modules 28 power sextant."…………

"Each time he went around from the far side, mission control had a new set of coordinates for him to try, but on his map, one guess was as much as 10 grid-squares away from the last. It didn't take long to realize no one had a handle on the problem. His search continued fruitlessly for the rest of his 22 solo hours."

Andrew Chaikin, book, A MAN ON THE MOON.

6) "They wondered about their exact location, glancing out the windows and describing what they saw to give flight control and Collins some clues to aid in the search. While waiting to be found, Armstrong relayed all that he could remember about the landing. They knew they were at least six kilometers beyond the target point, although still within the planned ellipse.

While his crewmates had been active on the surface, Collins had been busy in the command module. There was not much navigating to do, so he took pictures and looked out the window, trying to find the lunar module. He never found it; neither did flight control. There was just too much real estate down there to be able to search the whole area properly. Collins divided the part of the moon he was flying over into segments, but he had no better luck. Armstrong and Aldrin had taken the 26-power monocular with them, but Collins did not think it would have helped much, anyway. He did complain that all this searching cut into the time he needed for taking pictures on each circuit, but he was philosophical about it. As he said, “When the LM is on the surface, the command module should act like a good child and be seen and not heard.”10*

Brooks, Courtney (2008). Book, CHARIOTS FOR APOLLO

7) "For the next couple of orbits, I tried very hard to spot Eagle through my sextant, but I was unable to find it. The problem was, no one knew exactly where Neil had landed, and I didn't know which way to look for them. Oh, I knew approximately where they were, but the sextant had a narrow field of view, like looking down a riffle barrel, and I need to know exactly which way to point it."

Michael Collins, Command Module Pilot/"NAVIGATOR!", from FLYING TO THE MOON, AN ASTRONAUT'S STORY.

8) " In retrospect, two items may seem curious about Apollo 11’s technical situation immediately following touchdown. First, no one in NASA knew exactly where Eagle had landed. “One would have thought that their radar would have been good enough to pinpoint us more quickly than it did,” remarks Neil. When a spacecraft was in a trajectory or when it was in orbit, with all the optical and radar measurements being taken, both the ground and the crew had a pretty good idea of where the flight vehicle was, but it was a different problem when the object was sitting in one spot and all that anyone was getting was the same single measurement over and over again. “There was an uncertainty in that that was bigger than I would have guessed it would have been.”

JAMES R. HANSEN, from the authorized biography, First Man (pp. 480-481). Simon & Schuster.

Countless as the stars in the sky are these references emphasizing our funny little "Lost Bird". Take a look for yourselves my friends, they indeed abound as this "double fib", a denial of knowing where the astronauts were upon a lunar surface never visited, was critically important.

Last edited by Patrick1000; 11th August 2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: I tis> It is
Patrick1000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top