View Single Post
Old 30th August 2011, 01:45 PM   #20
The Sibelian
New Blood

Yes, thankfully it's just SoCal... it could be a lot worse... but we do have Orange County, world-famous for its conservative reputation! My little world is full of incredibly right-wingers though. Plus I have a HUGE family out here and they are all incredibly conservative Christians.

I have recently been reaching out to skeptics and atheists in my area as opposed to just meeting them online... and I've never been happier! It's nice to be among people who think for themselves and embrace science and rational thought. I've been getting into more and more debates with conservative Christian friends and folks and I'm actually enjoying it. The more I argue with them the more I realize that (so far) they don't really know or understand what's in that holy book of theirs. I've taken some classes in college on the subject and I've read many books about the history of the church and the bible... and it's absolutely fascinating! It's amazing how much they DON'T want to hear about the history and content of their book and religion! What a way to live!

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.
The Sibelian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top