View Single Post
Old 15th February 2013, 11:29 AM   #918
lpetrich
Muse

Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
I don't reject those theories, I understand them. I understand things like intrinsic spin. It isn't something magic and mysterious. The electron doesn't have its magnetic moment for nothing. Don't dismiss the Einstein de-Haas effect.
All of which are 100% consistent with quantum-mechanical intrinsic spin. Farsight, why don't you try to work through the calculation of the Dirac value of the magnetic moment? It's calculated using the Dirac-field hypothesis, not the circling-photon hypothesis.
Quote:
When a seismic wave runs through the Earth, the Earth waves. It is displaced. When an ocean wave runs through water, the water waves. It is displaced. When an electromagnetic wave runs through space, space waves. It is displaced.
False analogy, another favorite sort of "reasoning" for theologians.
Quote:
The theological part is dismissing references to Maxwell / Einstein / Minkowski etc as "quote mining"
It's quote mining because those quotes are often out of their context and often misunderstood. Also, why is it some sort of heinous crime against science to treat those gentlemen as something other than prophets of revealed truth?
Quote:
along with dismissing references to hard factual scientific evidence.
Show me where I am supposed to have done that and explain why that is supposed to be the case.
lpetrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top