View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 01:21 PM   #12
madurobob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Gah, they even won an award for this? Scientific method is something that should be picked up well before year 9.
Yes, on some level I want to give them a pass because they are school girls. But by grade 9 they should know better. Then again, part of the broader scientific process is peer review. As others, I trust when scientists repeat the experiment with proper controls they'll find no material difference. The girls will be shown to have made fundamental mistakes. That should be a great learning experience for them and a proper introduction to real science.

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
Something funky is going on in the news articles, because while the photos of the "non-exposed" cress looks healthier in the linked pdf, the stark difference shown in news photos isn't there.
Yeah, I noticed that in the links you posted. Surely some reporter doctored the images for better effect. Its sad, but not unexpected.