View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 03:05 AM   #10
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Sounds like New Zealand - doctors here have been warning of a diphtheria epidemic here thanks to the absurdly low rate of vaccinations. Up to half of all kids in some parts of California aren't vaccinated.

Idiots are everywhere.

We should rejoice.

My aunt died of diphtheria in 1920, when she was 7. Hooray for progress of humankind.

Apologies for the cynicism.
I have a slight personal interest; some years ago I was exposed to diphtheria in London because of a couple of idiotic USAian parents who didn't have their children vaccinated and travelled to several countries where it was prevalent.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top