View Single Post
Old 4th January 2020, 02:50 PM   #85
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Teaching kids that some people believe in gods is not the same as telling them gods really exist!
Much like telling them the tooth fairy will bring them money isn't the same as telling them some other people believe this.

I don't think it harms the very young to innocently believe in all manner of the supernatural. As they grow up, I think they sort it out for themselves with parents that encourage inquisitiveness and value the truth.

Santa is the best example for me. It doesn't hurt them to believe when young, and they learn that goodness comes from those who love them, even if personified sometimes. They'll get it in their time, as long as they are not threatened lifelong with fire and brimstone.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top