View Single Post
Old 5th January 2020, 11:42 AM   #93
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Man but I get tired of repeating this: the only thing religion is good for is comforting the dying. Would I lie to a dying person to afford him or her solace? Of course I would! So would you!
Nah. If asked by a child I'd tell them that we don't really know what happens after death, but some people believe you go to Heaven or get born and get to live on Earth again, and isn't that a comforting thought? ETA: then I'd ask the child what they thought, get a discussion going so they got to talk about their thoughts.

Christians offended by this are encouraged to tell me how their idea that the kid is likely going to Hell to suffer for an eternity is less painful or horrific.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 5th January 2020 at 11:52 AM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top