View Single Post
Old 30th July 2010, 09:44 PM   #359
Hallo Alfie
Banned

Originally Posted by qayak View Post
Well, not really. You have to believe in the twelve step program as set down by the founder of A.A. Otherwise, you would be free to go in and contradict everything they say with evidence.
No, wrong.
The steps are suggested, the big book is his experience strength and hope.
You can go in and contradict it, I have seen it time and again. People don't give a **** what you believe in. As long as you want to get and stay sober and are having a go, that is all that matters.

That's one way to spin it. It just might be that A.A. doesn't work and he quit drinking by himself without any help. Millions do.
And millions more do with fellowship - that is the real key in my opinion.

Also, A.A. says the program doesn't work without a higher power. Apparently they are wrong.
Again, wrong - the program doesn't say it (although it does "suggest" it). Other members may say it, the founders said it too, but it is not a prerequisite for recovery; a mere "suggestion".

Glad to hear it and I am not trying to take anything away from you. In fact, I am trying to say that the credit for any success you have is yours. You do the work, you go through the rough patches and you ultimately succeed or fail. You pay the price for the slips and you should get the credit for the successes.
Correct, I have done the work, but I had heaps of help and I needed it all.

Alone I have to do it, but I don't have to do it alone.

Now that I like!
See?!
Edited by Tricky:  Edited for rule 10.

Last edited by Tricky; 1st October 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Hallo Alfie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top