View Single Post
Old 18th March 2019, 11:22 AM   #51
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Gun range I belong to got sued over noise, safety and permit issues. A few people said they had bullets landing on their property, but people shoot in the woods all around the range, so might not have been a bullet from the club. Seems the club moved too much dirt without a permit. The day after I installed noise abatement, the county attorney told me it was illegal to use. WA exempts gun ranges from all noise regulations from 7am to 10pm; didn't stop a judge from declaring the club a nuisance. The fight goes on.

WA allows rural counties to operate properly equipped ATV's on highways that have a posted speed limit 35 mph or less. Higher populated counties like mine require an ordinance be passed to allow it. I've been unable to talk my county into allowing ATV's on the public roads.

I live in an old double wide manufactured home. Paid $70k for it back in 2001. These things should not appreciate much as they are not as durable as stick built homes. My "palace" is taxed at $119k now.

Am paying a flat rate of $34 per month for water (I'm on my own septic tank). Has gone up from $14/month since 2001. The good part is water meters were installed. I've yet to see if my water conservation measures will save me any money though. There will probably be a flat rate plus usage. Not sure if my bill will go up or down; they've got to pay for those meters somehow.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top