View Single Post
Old 19th August 2013, 07:37 PM   #249
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Were there any Bigfoot denialists among the Native Americans. Did the knowers present bodies to show the doubters that they were wrong?

Did they have any mythical animals at all - and for those did they have believers/knowers vs skeptic/denialists? How did those Indians settle demands for proof amongst themselves and how does it relate to the present day situation with Bigfootery?
I'm really not qualified to answer those questions. I have an opinion that the Native Americans likely had a belief in a hairy man that lived in the forest.

It's a safe bet. According to NatGeo Alexander the Great on one of his travels thru Tibet, demanded to see a Yeti in 326 BC. Documented. 326 BC

I guess that makes Alexander either the first cryptozoologist or the first skeptic documented for unknown primate studies that I know of.

It makes it more likely that if other native cultures describe similar creatures as far back as 326 BC, it shouldn't be surprising if Native Americans shared a similar view of "hairy men". Again, that's just opinion though.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top