View Single Post
Old 20th August 2013, 01:56 AM   #253
Apology
This title intentionally left blank

I know it's tacky to quote myself, but would any of the Bigfoot knowers care to address this question? I think it got lost beneath the Native American Bigfoot legend talk:

Originally Posted by Apology View Post
Why were no Bigfoot bodies found during the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918? The Spanish Flu killed 50 million - 100 million people worldwide. The bodies piled up so quickly that there wasn't enough room in the morgues, so the bodies were stacked like logs. There weren't enough coffins or gravediggers to deal with the influx of bodies.

Furthermore, recent studies have shown that monkeys are susceptible to the Spanish Flu as well. There's no reason to believe that a human/simian primate would be immune to the Spanish Flu. Birds and swine are susceptible to it as well, and research suggests that the virus originated within animal populations and was then transmitted to humans. Why weren't there any Bigfoot bodies found in the years before or after 1918? Why weren't there any "hairy men" found disabled by the flu, coughing themselves to death, with bloody foam coming from their noses and mouths?

Presumably if Bigfoot were near sudden death (the flu could kill victims hours after the first symptoms while some lived up to 2 days) it would forget all about being crafty and stealthy and lie down somewhere to focus on breathing and not dying. If Bigfoot were turning blue in the face and coughing so hard that it tore abdominal muscles, that would make it much easier for us to find Bigfoot and much harder for it to hide.
It's hard for me to believe that we haven't found a Bigfoot that was either seriously ill or dead from any fatal disease. Being near death greatly inhibits one's ability to hide or disappear. Even if the other family members were protecting it, or it traditionally went off somewhere special to die, at least one, in this long history of Bigfoot's presumable existence, would eventually get left behind while the healthy ones fled from human trackers. If a Bigfoot group was altruistically lugging an ill member and they didn't leave the sick one behind when they were being pursued, then the entire group would presumably be caught by the trackers or hunters. This happens within every other animal species in the world, including homo sapiens, so why would Bigfoot be different from all the rest of the living beings in the world?

~~tumbleweeds~~
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top