View Single Post
Old 24th August 2013, 10:25 PM   #267
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Have you ever had the chance to bag one? And if so did you have a gun on you at the time? I mean, since you know they're there, can't you just sit in a tree stand regularly somewhere 'squatchy' and hope for some senile Squatch to finally do what no Squatch has ever done before, wander by the same place more than once? There's just no chance that way?

Just as a POI, there was a recent kidnapping/murder case where the guy (and his victim) attempted to 'get lost' in the middle of the Idaho primitive area. At the height of summer with a 3 day head start, an achievable goal by most practical standards. The central area is considered the most remote (most miles from the nearest paved road) in the lower 48 states. Yet they never had a chance, and it's not necessarily because they were ill-equipped. It's because the authorities, who (also) knew the two were there, didn't **** around for 46 years with lame excuse after lame excuse, they put 250+ agents on the ground immediately. It took them barely a day. Blam!
In 2010 I had several chances to plug a Sasquatch if I had wanted to. I always carry a .44 mag and usually another decent caliber backup whenever I'm in the woods.

At first I entertained the idea, but I decided killing one is not the way to go. These creatures live in family groups, time will prove this correct. To kill one would likely mean killing the entire group. I can't do that just to rub noses in a body. Also, I'm not entirely confident a .44 mag would do the trick. I have a 50 cal BMG but it's 38 lbs and there's no way I could carry it several miles even if I wanted to.

The better plan is to monitor them whenever possible and wait for nature to provide the body. They can't live forever. Someone is gonna get sick someone is gonna have an accident sooner or later.

As far as the Govt finding those fugitives, that's incredible. Now if they'd just put that kind of effort into finding Bigfoot.

People as a rule are not difficult to find though. And they have this terrible habit of dropping dead mere yards from their car or a nearby highway. It's ridiculous. I'll wager this December there will be stories of someone found dead from exposure while out hunting for a Christmas tree.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top