View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 09:52 AM   #921
Henri McPhee
Illuminator

Originally Posted by byn63 View Post
I cannot confirm or deny what Dr. Thorton knew or did not know. HOWEVER, IT IS FACT THAT THE PRESENCE OF DARK WOOL FIBERS WAS IN THE DOCUMENTATION, LAB NOTES, ETC. THAT WERE PROVIDED TO THE DEFENSE UNDER THE DISCOVERY PROCESS.

It was therefore Bernie Segal's responsibility to read ALL that information and cull from it what he thought could be used to defend inmate. The FACT that he did not is not the fault or responsibility of the government.
That's not accurate and you don't know it and neither do the 4th Circuit judges. MacDonald will never get out of prison with a bunch of very bad judges on the case. This is what actually happened from a Bernie Segal affidavit about the matter:

http://www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.c...990-10-13.html

Quote:
52. Prior to entering into this stipulation concerning Mr. Frier's testimony, I was never informed by Mr. Murtagh or any other government prosecutor that Mr. Frier had discovered the presence of black and green wool fibers on the wooden club murder weapon. Further, I was also not informed by Mr. Murtagh or any other government prosecutor that Mr. Frier or other FBI laboratory personnel had conducted reexaminations of the debris taken from Colette MacDonald's body and the wooden club murder weapon in which the FBI discovered the presence of additional black, green and white wool fibers.

Edited by Agatha:  Trimmed for rule 4. ONE paragraph plus link, please.

Last edited by Agatha; 23rd February 2019 at 01:24 PM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top