View Single Post
Old 12th November 2018, 04:33 PM   #29
arayder
Graduate Poster

After claiming that Quebec was perfectly justified in using statutes to trash religious freedom by forbidding Muslim women from wearing face coverings Bobby "I-can't-remember-what I-believe" Menard says that governments can't even make law.

From his Facebook page:

Quote:
Robert Menard
If government makes the law, then the law did not exist prior to the government, in which case the government is not being formed according to law.
If law is pre-existing, then a government may be lawfully formed, however the rules it makes cannot be considered to the ‘The Law’.
The law is that which allows the formation of governments, not the rules crafted by governments.
The rules they make are given the force of law, or considered to be law, by the governed, due to their consent.
I suspect the answer to these contradictory arguments is that Bobby, in his heart of hearts, believes there is one law for him and another for people of which he disapproves.
arayder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top