View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 04:19 AM   #197
King of the Americas
Banned

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
47:55 - Hancock is refuting the claim in the skeptic article that "no academic would debate me." But his only example is where an academic (Zahi Hawass) actually walked out of a debate after delivering a diatribe against Hancock. Somehow, this transforms into an academic who debated him. Just the opposite of what actually happened.
And this is where, 'you' should have provided video of the actual interaction between Hawass and Hancock...

49:00 - Hancock uses the dodge of agreeing with one part of Jesus Gamara's (SP?) theory about megaliths but denies the more radical part (alternate physics on gravity) while doing so. Gamara explains the "anomalous" theory of the Incas while Hancock just puts another spin on it, keeping what he likes and dismissing the rest.
Yes, I do the same thing.

50:12 - "I do not make that claim..." It's from the book of Enoch. If he isn't making the claim, why is it in the book at all? I know why, because Hancock is going to do with this book what he did with his previous work - when it doesn't pan out, claim that his views "evolved" and he wasn't really saying what he said in this book. Always a moving target.
Yes, and herein lies my issue with Hancock, but HERE'S WHY HE DOES IT:

Actual "God(s)" ...VERY VERY 'freak people out'- taboo subject. If someone were to say, "I have absolute proof of (*Insert X-files episode title here*) the general public would freak-the-hockey-puck-out.

Thor is cool on the silver screen or blue ray, but in real life such a being/reality would be unacceptable...a national threat...cause for mass panic...you know, all the worst parts of the bible...satan risen...that sort of thing.

By the way, have you read some of Hancock's previous work?
So, I recall several instances, including herein where Hancock says, "I'm just a reporter!"

You wrote it, what does it mean???

*"It means whatever the hell you want it to mean mother-kisser!" lol

Yes, I've read, Fingerprints of the Gods, Chariots of the Gods, and I am intimately familiar with the claims of those who say we have, were, or are being visited by "aliens"...and I dismiss those claims 'now' too. I think they were leaps, without proper evidentiary support. Modern re-interpretations, better understandings, new evidence, all of these should allow us to change our minds, reach new conclusions, and not adhere to old dogma.

*I'm still looking for the debate between Hancock and Zawass.
King of the Americas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top