Any Updates on Mark Basile's Study?
View Single Post
13th May 2014, 02:20 PM
Skeptic not Atheist
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Originally Posted by
According to Mark basile.org
Staring with known primer chips doing SEM/EDX, FTIR and Raman to characterize chip composition and establish the non production of molten metal/iron from this material during DSC exposure to 400 - 600 Centigrade as well as the exotherm/endotherm character of the primer breakdown.
Next steps: move on to red/gray chips doing the same test, in characterizing composition, then showing the exotherms and reaction products.
Why are they doing this? This has nothing to do with what they said they were going to do:
- Red/gray chip separation using optical microscopy and magnetic attraction to assist in isolation of particles of interest.
- Optical images of collected particulates as collected at appropriate magnifications to record condition as collected.
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- FTIR analysis of organic components of red/gray chips, both red and gray layers.
- ESCA small spot technique with argon ion sputter for depth profiling to definitively establish the presence of elemental aluminum within the red layer of the red/gray chips. Scans of gray layer also to be taken to add to information base.
- DSC analysis of red/gray chips focusing on exothermic/endothermic reactions near 400 degrees C. Some chips to be scanned in inert atmosphere and some in air or oxygen containing gas stream.
- SEM/EDX with elemental quantification of residual products of DSC analysis of red/gray chips.
- Optical images of reaction products after DSC experiments.
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"
"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest:
Last edited by DGM
; 13th May 2014 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DGM