View Single Post
Old 18th August 2013, 12:16 PM   #182
maximara
Master Poster

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Bigfoot is intelligent enough to avoid detection and yet there are these thousands of sightings of it galumphing around in plain sight. Which is it?

Conspicuous absence is not a fallacy. We would expect to see bigfoot if they existed, just as we'd expect to see Buicks if someone claimed it was raining Buicks. And by seeing I don't mean accepting someone's anecdote uncritically. The longer we go without seeing bigfoot--and I mean really seeing them--the less likely it is that they exist. I think that at this point, one can be confident that there are no bigfoot.
I agree. The first report of the Gorilla is thought be from the 5th century BC but solid proof of it didn't appear until 1847 and the larger mountain gorilla took until 1902. Reports of Bigfoot go back to the time of the Native Americans and you would think by now something...anything would have shown up.

The fact that nothing has shown up odd are Bigfoot is the product of over active imagination, hoaxers, and misidentifications.
maximara is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top