View Single Post
Old 28th November 2006, 03:36 PM   #100
Katana
Illuminator

I won't address everything from this post because fls is doing a fine job.

Originally Posted by nraden View Post
I'm not sure which idea you're referring to. In point of fact, she has said many times that she isn't sure "synthetic" hormomes are the problem, that it is the administration that matters - timing, dose, rhythm, etc.
Is that why she says this?
Originally Posted by her own website
Choosing the Wiley Protocol® is not only a vote for Nature, but it’s a vote for Science. The Wiley Protocol® is the only HRT or BHRT that has been developed under the scrutiny of a practicing Oncologist. We have gathered over the last three years a preponderance of anecdotal evidence in over a thousand women ages nineteen to ninety that the Protocol® is safe and effective. That can’t be said for any statically dosed form of BHRT. What can be said, though, is that the WHI has proven that synthetics –Premarin and PremPro are dangerous. The common assumption among women using bio-identical regimens is that they are doing something “safer.” It bears repeating that the synthetics may have caused harm, not just because they weren’t bio-identical hormone molecules, but because of the way they were statically dosed.
She begins by referring to anecdotes to support her protocol and then undermines "statically" dosed BHRT by saying that there are no anecdotes to suggest that it is safe (doesn't say that it's not, mind you). Yes, she finishes with talking about the dosing schedule but only after emphasizing just how dangerous "synethetic" hormones were proven to be by the WHI. The message is quite clear.

I'm actually surprised that she would use the WHI in the same way that the media did to spread fear of HRT. I would have thought that she would be more critical of the obviously-flawed study. Then again, I suppose that it is too great a temptation to misrepresent it for personal gain.

Originally Posted by nraden
Giving hormones to people diagnosed with cancer is unprecedented.
No. It's not.

Quote:
Actually, there is no template in nature for ANY OF THE EXISTING HORMONE THERAPIES. Including, especially, birth control pills. Dru8g companies sell pills and patches, compounders prepare all sorts of crazy concoctions and not one of them matches one of the five templates found in humans. The core of the Wiley protocol is the peaks and valleys of the therapy over the course of a month. I can't quite understand why you would single out one.
1) What are these five templates of which you speak?

2) That part about the "especially, birth control pills"? You are aware, aren't you, that the reason why birth control pills work is that they create an "unnatural" hormonal state? If all they did was mimic perfectly the body's natural hormonal fluctuations, they would have no contraceptive properties.

Originally Posted by nraden
Wiley is the first and only therapy that attempts to mimic a template that exists in nature. Static doses are unnatural.
By Wiley's own words, again...

Originally Posted by her own website
like the Wiley Protocol® that not only includes real estrogen and progesterone, but estrogen and progesterone in significantly higher amounts than anyone has ever conceived of anywhere, outside of fertility treatments...
Infertility treatments produce just about the highest hormone levels out there. She is advocating supraphysiologic doses of hormones. How is her protocol "natural"?
Katana is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top