View Single Post
Old 28th November 2006, 05:27 PM   #105
nraden
Student

Originally Posted by Katana View Post
I'll start by addressing something that I should have covered earlier:

You clearly know nothing about IVF. Estrace is used in IVF during the luteal phase (following embryo transfer).
Estrace is a brand name. It contains estradiol, a "natural" hormone.

[/quote] As for these natural bioidentical hormones of which you speak, are these the ones?

Gonal-F® RFF (follitropin alfa injection) is a prescription medication containing FSH, manufactured by recombinant DNA technology.

Follistim® AQ (follitropin beta injection) is a pure FSH preparation manufactured by recombinant DNA technology.

Bravelle® (urofollitropin for injection, purified), is a highly purified follicle-stimulating hormone (hFSH) derived from urine.

Repronex® (menotropin for injection, USP) is a purified preparation of urine-derived gonadotropins, FSH and LH.

Pregnyl® (chorionic gonadotropin), a highly-purified preparation derived from the urine of pregnant women, was introduced in Europe in 1932 as the first hCG preparation drug and still continues to be one of the leading hCG therapies manufactured and sold today.

Ganirelix Acetate Injection (formerly called Antagon™) is a synthetic gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist that is used to suppress premature luteinizing hormone (LH) surges in women during assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment.

Cetrotide® (cetrorelix acetate for injection), is a synthetic gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist used to suppress premature luteinizing hormone (LH) surges in women during assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment.

Which hormones were you talking about?[quote]

I wasn't referring to all of the LH, FSH, etc hormones. I was referring to Estrogen and Progesterone. Women don't take LH or FSH in HRT.

Quote:
She is clearly pushing her own hormone preparations. What I will give her credit for is the open admission that this has never been done before and she is proposing what almost sound like supratherapeutic doses of hormones. However, as others have mentioned, what about the potential health hazards? What evidence does she have outside of her (and your) anecdotal accounts?
What evidence is there for any HRT other than those pushed by drug companies who have the money to fund a clinical trial? When the hormones are compounded in a drug store, how do you suppose you could get a pharmacist to contribute thousands of prescriptions? How can you get a hundred pharmacies to make the identical product so each could contribute, say, 10 each? That is what Wiley is doing with the registered pharmacies so that there can, finally, be a credible trial of a BHRT protocol. She is forcing standardization in compounding, at least in the pharmacies that carry the WP. That is how there will be a clinical trial in 2007.

Quote:
And do not condescendingly tell us to read some science when you cannot or refuse to do the same.
I'm sorry, I don't recall being directed to anything.

snip
nraden is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top