View Single Post
Old 28th November 2006, 06:01 PM   #108
debv
Student

Originally Posted by nraden View Post
Ask Deb about the time she posted a comment on her blog and attributed it to my wife, then had to reverse herself when I caught her. This is not an honest broker.
I'm a little surprised that Neil would goad me into telling the story behind this.

Shortly after Wiley Watch relaunched, a couple of anonymous comments were posted: "You guys are idiots with too muh time on your hands. Give up. Get medicated . Go away." and "Laurel is a [defamatory term] who started this web site when T.S. Wiley wouldn't let her be businiss partiners in the Wiley Protocol."

Here are the log entries ("http" and "www" part removed because forum won't let them through):
Code:
72.205.193.253 - - [15/Oct/2006:16:08:55 -0400] "POST /comment/reply/5 HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "wileywatch.org/comment/reply/5" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
Code:
72.205.193.253 - - [15/Oct/2006:16:11:41 -0400] "POST /comment/reply/5 HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "wileywatch.org/comment/reply/5" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
Approximately three minutes later an e-mail with just the subject line "Buy Suzanne's book, you'll love it!" was sent to the aforementioned Laurel of Rhythmic Living.

From the headers:
Code:
Received: from momofficenew ([72.205.193.253])
        by fed1rmimpo02.cox.net with bizsmtp
        id akEP1V00T5UVtWo0000000
        Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:14:23 -0400
That was good enough for me. I put Wiley's name on those comments.

A few days later Neil left a comment apologizing, saying that he suspected one of his "silly kids" must have left those comments. Amused, I responded, "You didn't ask how dared I to put your wife's name on those comments. I guess you knew where they came from as well as I do. What a surprise." He then insisted it was specifically their daughter. (EDIT: His comment and subsequent e-mails originated from the same IP address above.)

Do I believe this story? Of course not. But if they're capable of pinning this sort of thing on one of their kids, I think the world should know about it. So I substituted in "T.S. Wiley's daughter" and explained why on the site.

Quote:
As for all the other stuff that Debv points out, the flame notes, the fake names, sure, I did some of that and it was a mistake. I was trying to defend my wife (of 33 years). It was wrong.
Back on April 3, I caught Neil (not for the first time) sending harassing e-mails under a fake name -- this time as "Wilson Pickett" and using the e-mail address "wilson_pickett2001@yahoo.com". On 11/14, somebody calling himself "Steve" posted a comment on Erika Schwartz's blog, using the e-mail address "wilson_pickett2001@yahoo.com". Unless I'm mistaken, that puts an upper limit on the age of this moral contrition of about two weeks.

Last edited by debv; 28th November 2006 at 06:36 PM.
debv is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top