View Single Post
Old 28th November 2006, 08:33 PM   #112
fls
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by nraden View Post
There are many people who have been on this protocol for years. Untested in the sense of a randomized clinical trial? True. Do you have any idea how many things you use in a day that have not been through such a trial?
Yes. Zero. That is not relevant to this discussion. Deflecting criticism by attacking others gives the impression that you cannot support your position otherwise.

Quote:
However, you are right, it has not been put through that kind of test, hopefully it will soon. But my question for you is why do you think it "has a good chance of causing harm?" What evidence do you have for that?
The harm that is associated with the use of exogenous estrogens - increased risk of blood clots, breast cancer, and stroke, for example - from controlled studies. As I mentioned before, there is no reason to assume that the Wiley Project drugs will not have these effects as they act in the same manner as the tested drugs.

Quote:
Sorry, you're wrong. I know many doctors in the HRT business and they are all making money it. What you would call ethical and what a doctor sees as their property are not the same. Doctors think they are going broke. They think they have to find a way to make money beyond just office visit fees. It's endemic. Sorry, you are wrong.

I receive no compensation and neither does T.S. Wiley. I've already explained that. At some point, if the WP is very popular, her company that provides training and branded packaging could provide a nice income, but it hasn't for 12 years. It is pointless for all of you to look for a big payoff motive here, it doesn't exist.
I have not stated that you are looking for a big pay-off as your motive. And trying to create a diversionary tactic by making unsubstantiated claims of endemic fraud has nothing to do with whether or not it is appropriate for you to push untested and unproven drugs. It is not inappropriate because you are getting paid for it. It is inappropriate because we have discovered that we have fooled ourselves hundreds or thousands of times, even when we sincerely thought we were doing the right thing. And the only way to prevent this is to perform the studies that remove the possibility of bias.

The money issue simply undermines your credibility.

Linda
fls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top