View Single Post
Old 29th November 2006, 06:59 AM   #114
Katana
Illuminator

Originally Posted by nraden View Post
I wasn't referring to all of the LH, FSH, etc hormones. I was referring to Estrogen and Progesterone. Women don't take LH or FSH in HRT.
Then what was your point in bringing up IVF?

Again, your statement:

Originally Posted by nraden
2. If you know anything about in vitro fertilization, you would know that estrace and the rest of the (patentable junk) in Premarin is NEVER used. Only natural bioidentical hormones are used in in vitro. Why do suppose that is?
Estrace is used, as I said. You were wrong on at one.

I listed the other hormones used, which I doubt fall into your classification of bioidentical hormones.

All of them fall into your "patentable junk" category.

What are these bioidentical hormones of which you speak that are used in IVF?

What evidence is there for any HRT other than those pushed by drug companies who have the money to fund a clinical trial?
Have you actually looked at the vast amount of peer-reviewed studies on HRT that are not sponsored by drug companies? I appears that you have not.

When the hormones are compounded in a drug store, how do you suppose you could get a pharmacist to contribute thousands of prescriptions? How can you get a hundred pharmacies to make the identical product so each could contribute, say, 10 each? That is what Wiley is doing with the registered pharmacies so that there can, finally, be a credible trial of a BHRT protocol. She is forcing standardization in compounding, at least in the pharmacies that carry the WP. That is how there will be a clinical trial in 2007.
Not sure I'm following the first sentences there, but the final point comes across. Haven't you kind of put the cart before the horse, so to speak, in advocating an untested hormonal regimen to who knows how many women?

I'm sorry, I don't recall being directed to anything.
Do you really need us to do this for you?
Katana is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top