View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 10:53 PM   #38
pharphis
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I suppose it was a big mistake on my part believing people in this forum had a clue about such a major current event. Now I see either neither story was on CNN or no one who watches mainstream news has yet found their way to this thread.

Guardian: Protests break out in India after two women enter temple - Court ruling allows women to offer prayers in temple in Kerala after centuries-long ban

Atheists are always to blame:

I saw the riots covered on France24 (the TV news I have left (Comcast cancelled my RT news). But I only saw the wall of women online.

It's amazing what stories fail to be covered on the MSN.

I also get DW: Mass arrests in India amid protests over women entering forbidden Hindu temple
Police have detained hundreds in India's Kerala state as Hindu hardliners tried to shut down businesses in protest over the Sabarimala Temple. Meanwhile, another woman entered the shrine of the celibate god Ayyappa.

Hardliners are men though I believe there is one woman in one of those photos.

Hindu hardliners step up campaign to block Indian temple to women

This is a huge deal in India as evidenced by how many people are involved in this event.
I followed that link to another after reading this summary,
Quote:
After the ruling, several women tried to reach the shrine but were forced to retreat by activists comprising ordinary women and political groups, including the BJP.
It was paraphrasing the quote below from the below article.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-exposed-thigh

Quote:
Bands of male and female demonstrators have formed cordons and hurled rocks at the women who have tried to reach the inner sanctum. None of the women have succeeded so far.
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top