View Single Post
Old 5th November 2018, 11:28 AM   #233
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Of course, but can you do that with a pay rate that doesn't make the whole thing unprofitable.

If I were living a nice, comfortable life in the east in a modest job paying, say $25/hr, I would not be prepared to up-sticks to Iowa to work on a farm for less than $100/hr. That would be the value I place on turning my life upside down for profit. I'm pretty much sure most people would feel that way.

People say that "agriculture" is just another industry not different from any other. This is wrong. Agriculture is a PRIMARY industry, a country cannot survive and prosper without it.

This argument always reminds me of the joke about the human body parts arguing over who should be boss.

"I should be in charge", said the brain, because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen".

"I should be in charge", said the blood, "because I circulate oxygen all over, so without me you'd all waste away".

"I should be in charge", said the stomach, "because I process food and give all of you energy".

"I should be in charge" said the legs, "because without me, you would have no mobility"

"I should be in charge" said the arms, "because without me, you would not be able to perform tasks"

"I should be in charge", said the rectum, "because I'm responsible for waste removal".

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum and insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight. Within a few days, the brain went fuzzy, the stomach was bloated, and the blood was toxic, the legs became shaky and the arms became weak. Eventually the other body parts gave in. They all agreed that the rectum should be the boss.

Well, I see agriculture as the rectum from this story. Without it in fully functioning condition, the country doesn't eat - its that simple.
You eat through the rectum?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top