View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:13 AM   #122
SpitfireIX
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
It is referencing Trump's praise for how the chinese handled the Tiananmen square protests. Made them look strong after all.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...trength-2019-6

It was an issue, and he was forced to clarify walk back his comments during the 2016 primary campaign.

From NBC News:
"Mr. Trump, some of your Republican critics have expressed concern about comments you have made praising authoritarian dictators," CNN anchor and debate moderator Jake Tapper said. "You have said positive things about Putin as a leader and about China's massacre of pro-democracy protesters at Tiananmen Square." . . .

"That doesn't mean I was endorsing that," Trump said. "I was not endorsing it. I said that is a strong, powerful government that put it down with strength. And then they kept down the riot. It was a horrible thing. It doesn't mean at all I was endorsing it."

"Strong doesn't mean good," he continued. "Putin is a strong leader, absolutely. I could name many strong leaders. I could name very many weak leaders, but he is a strong leader. I don't say that in a good way or a bad way. I say it as a fact."
Also, you again imply that the vast majority of Republicans must agree with everything Trump has ever said. Do you believe that the vast majority of Democrats agree with everything Biden has ever said?

Last edited by SpitfireIX; 22nd June 2022 at 11:15 AM.
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top