View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2018, 09:04 PM   #268
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Here's a good one. Client sent us an email asking a particular question. We responded, saying that they will need to contact a different area for assistance, and closed the ticket. Then client forwarded another copy of the same email to us, advising us that she had logged the first ticket.

Actually come to think of it, it might not have been in that order. It might have been that she logged the first ticket, our automatic reply gave her the job number, then she forwarded us the second copy (of course generating a second ticket) giving us the job number, then we responded to and closed the first ticket, then I linked the second ticket to the first and closed it. But why would she forward us a second copy of the email? It was not a reply to our automated reply, she actually went to her sent items and re-forwarded the original email. I don't understand why someone would do that.

Ah well, never mind. It wasn't our jurisdiction in the first place. It was just unnecessary extra work.

My mom told me she tries never to make fun of people for not knowing something.
- Randall Munroe
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top