View Single Post
Old 11th May 2019, 07:18 AM   #100
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Does anyone know why they wear masks? Seems like it would interfere with the wearer's enjoyment of the experience. Do they wear them publicly for anonymity, or for their partner's benefit, of what?

Bondage would also interfere with the enjoyment of ordinary sex, but it stresses the subjugation. I think that arthwollipot in post 25 came up with a fairly good description of what might be at play.
Masks might be a question of anonymity in a semi-public context, but I think that some people wear them at home as well. Powerplay? Maybe, 'I establish my superiority by making it impossible for you to read my emotions.' Or 'I degrade you by putting a mask on you, taking away your individuality.'
I'm just guessing. I don't remember reading any explanations.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top