View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 08:23 AM   #48
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
I remember watching some documentary about "Sugar Babies" in which some woman described disliking it. With prostitution, there's a single transaction. Sugar Babies said they had to be ready at any and all times to go anywhere. They had to keep up their bodies, their grooming and their wardrobes. The women said it was exhausting, with no clear physical boundaries.

I don't object to sex work, but I object to unmonitored sex work without sufficient protections for lower-status individual.
Easily avoided by not joining a sugar baby platform.

It's the modern form of mistress, I guess. So the woman has to play a role when around her patron. And to keep that up, you'll have to avoid being boring (he already has a wife with who he has to discuss mundane stuff). So be sexy, stylish, adventurous, smart, presentable etc. More work, but you have a personal relationship and it could lead to getting some real estate out of it, or even an inheritance.

Must be exhausting though. Usually, people give up playing the perfect partner after a few dates.