View Single Post
Old 15th September 2020, 01:39 AM   #724
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Picking up from the post above: Interesting that Trump is now competing with the Cuban doctors for the 'Noble' Peace Prize:
Trump's nomination makes a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize (Independent, Sep. 12, 2020)

However, I doubt that he stands a better chance of getting it than of getting the one he claims he already got:
Trump boasts about getting 'Bay of Pigs award' - which doesn't exist (Guardian, Sep. 13, 2020)
Trump Brags About Receiving Nonexistent 'Bay Of Pigs' Award From Cuban Community (HuffPost, Sep. 14, 2020)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Maybe he should go for the one in medicine instead, for his bleach & UV-light idea ...

Deadly politics: Cuba’s Covid-19 treatment and U.S. refusal to save lives (TheFinalCall, Sep. 1, 2020)

I haven't seen any news about the alleged sonic (or whatever) attacks for about six months. I guess the Cuban healthcare workers and researchers are busy fighting the virus like in most other countries but with more success than most.
They are also developing a Cuban vaccine: Second group of volunteers join Soberana clinical trials (Granma.cu, Sep. 10, 2020)
But I did find this from William A. Yost, PhD, Spatial Hearing Laboratory, whom I've mentioned before in this thread. In April, he summed up the most recent discoveries, and about Friedman's Canadian study in particular he wrote:

Quote:
The study pointed out that Cuba had an extensive mosquito-spraying program, which was intensified close to the time of the reported attack to deal with the Zika virus. Some of the measures obtained in the study were consistent with a neurotoxic effect that could be due to the ingredients in the pesticides used in Cuba. As I suggested in my previous letter to the editor, such neurotoxins could affect the single arterial system that serves the brainstem and the inner ear.
So a sonic cause is becoming less and less likely. However, as Friedman, et al., correctly noted, “Other causes cannot be ruled out.” More data and less speculation are needed.
The first meeting of the NAS Committee was on Dec. 18, 2019, and the second meeting on Feb. 24, 2020. The committee has not published any reports to date, so the next evidence related to this on-going mystery will probably come when the NAS Committee issues its report sometime later this year.
Was There Really a ‘Sonic Attack’ in Cuba and China? (HearingJournal, April 2020)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 15th September 2020 at 01:49 AM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top