View Single Post
Old 26th January 2017, 07:30 AM   #370
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
Roads: You benefit from roads even if you don't personally drive. Without them, you couldn't get supplies to your home. Roads are essential for modern life and, as part of infrastructure is one of the primary roles of the government.
The shops that I buy things from should pay for that. They're using the roads, not me.

Quote:
Schools: I'm with you on that. I think education should be privatized. Eliminate the property tax levies for school and let people spend that money for their own kid's education as they see fit. Government should have as little to do with education as possible because they aren't particularly good at it.
That's awesome. It'll stop those pesky poor people from thinking they deserve to go to college - they'll never be able to get the high school education that's a prerequisite. Society as a whole will definitely be better off once they really know their place.

Quote:
Police: Security is one of the primary roles of the government. We all benefit from a ready and able police force regardless if you personally ever use them or not.
No, it's fine. I'd rather have a gun and a pitbull.

Quote:
You should pay for your own risks.
You should pay for your own road usage, education and security.