View Single Post
Old 25th February 2021, 12:10 AM   #103
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The point was it wasn't a level 3 or 4 bio-lab when SARS emerged. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make except you thought you had a gotcha or something. And who cares? I don't.

How about discussing the relevant facts.

SARS did not emerge in Wuhan.

SARS did not come directly from the bat caves.

SARS emerged when bats and palm civet cats were housed in crowded, less than sanitary conditions in wet markets around Guangdong.

SARS was not found in wild palm civet cats, that's how we know the civet cats were exposed to the bats for sale in the market.

People who worked in one of the wet markets were the first to get infected.

After the SARS epidemic, the lab in Wuhan was expanded. They essentially built a whole new facility with higher level biosafety specifically to study the family of coronaviruses in bats in order to anticipate and either prevent or prepare for the next SARS-like event.

People who worked in the Wuhan sea food market were not the first to get infected with COVID. There is no identified patient zero who worked around infected pangolins or bats.

China is a huge country with billions of people. That the outbreak began in close proximity to the lab in Wuhan where research into multiple different SARS like viruses were being studied cannot be dismissed as a coincidence until the actual source of COVID is found.

You all can dismiss the possibility. That's fine.
I'm not dismissing it (see the highlighted below). I want evidence. Besides, I keep asking for you to substantiate a claim you have made (in red), and I would like those to come from someone other than known liars such as Mike Pompeo:

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post

This is not evidence. It's an ac hoc narrative to support a hypothesis which I am not necessarily ruling out (although the WHO scientists who visited Wuhan are ruling it out, so I feel a little arrogant even allowing it to be an option for me), but want to see some actual support for.

Besides, what I really want you to do is post some support for your claim that scientists in Wuhan got sick.
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Y

That said, it obviously cannot be completely ruled out, the Virology Institute being located in Wuhan itself obviously raises eyebrows.