View Single Post
Old 25th February 2021, 01:49 PM   #117
lomiller
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Why drag their feet at all?

You can refuse to look at the role Chinese culture plays when it comes to scientific research reliability, but it doesn't change the fact it does. I believe that's called ethnocentrism: a tendency to view other ethnic or cultural groups from the perspective of one's own.
Since Chinese cultural norms like live animal markets and “traditional medicine” are being called into question because of the Covid outbreak doesn’t it make sense that Chinese researches would try to downplay the role of the Wuhan market? As such I don’t think we can trust any claims that the market or Pangolins held therein were not the source of the virus.

Unlike you, I don’t need jump from "I question the motives of people saying differently" to saying the market must of have been where the virus crossed into humans. I have actual evidence, specifically the genetic connection to the Pangolin virus and Pangolin’s presence at the market. Granted there are other possibility’s but they all involve a more complex series of events. Occam’s razor applies and Pangolins at the Wuhan market is the simplest plausible explanation.